"The Imperfects" on Netflix - Possible Spoilers

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Abbi being Ace didn't surprise me at all. It almost makes sense. Being asexual yet has the ability to make people fall in love with her. Wait.....🤯🤯🤯
Tilda is a singer, sound is her life. Sonic powers make sense for her.
Juan is timid and meek. A fearless beast...
I can't believe I didn't see it until now.🙈

Their powers are evolving. That's a nice touch. Abbi should be able to do more with her power. I hope she can learn to control the potency.

Ryujin

Legend
Better than many YA super power/natural shows I've seen. The core three actors are decent but I thought Sarkov and Burke were more interesting whenever they were on screen. Making all the super characters older than high school (except Abbi who is about to go off to college) helps this show a lot. Their still young enough to be naive about a lot of stuff but old enough that I'm not yelling 'Where are your parents?!' at the screen every five minutes.
I think it also helps that not only are the characters supposed to be older than the usual teenaged YA protagonists but they are also played by actors who look to be about that age, rather than 30 year olds who are pretending to be teens. The female leads are only pretending to be 6-7 years younger than they actually are, instead of 12 ;)

Whoever cast Rhys Nicholson as Sarkov is a genius. Every time that he's on screen I just want to stick two fingers up his nose, Three Stooges style, and smack the crap out of him.

Ryujin

Legend
Abbi being Ace didn't surprise me at all. It almost makes sense. Being asexual yet has the ability to make people fall in love with her. Wait.....🤯🤯🤯
Tilda is a singer, sound is her life. Sonic powers make sense for her.
Juan is timid and meek. A fearless beast...
I can't believe I didn't see it until now.🙈

Their powers are evolving. That's a nice touch. Abbi should be able to do more with her power. I hope she can learn to control the potency.
I was wondering if anyone would ever mention that. The "Succubus" is all reason and no actual interest in sex, the "Banshee" is lead vocals in a down on its luck bar band, and the "Werewolf/Chupacabra" is meek and timid ;)

I think it also helps that not only are the characters supposed to be older than the usual teenaged YA protagonists but they are also played by actors who look to be about that age, rather than 30 year olds who are pretending to be teens. The female leads are only pretending to be 6-7 years younger than they actually are, instead of 12 ;)

Whoever cast Rhys Nicholson as Sarkov is a genius. Every time that he's on screen I just want to stick two fingers up his nose, Three Stooges style, and smack the crap out of him.
It looks like the actresses for Tilda and Abbi are both ~27 so playing 6 to 9 years younger. Funnily enough, Inaki Godoy (Juan) was born in 2003 so he might be exactly the right age or even younger than his character. It definitely helps with the younger vibe we get from him compared to Tilda and Abbi.

Ryujin

Legend
It looks like the actresses for Tilda and Abbi are both ~27 so playing 6 to 9 years younger. Funnily enough, Inaki Godoy (Juan) was born in 2003 so he might be exactly the right age or even younger than his character. It definitely helps with the younger vibe we get from him compared to Tilda and Abbi.
Fortunately their looks skew younger and it's younger adults playing younger adults, so there isn't the 90210 factor of actors who have their first grey hairs playing high school seniors. They're believable in their roles.

Fortunately their looks skew younger and it's younger adults playing younger adults, so there isn't the 90210 factor of actors who have their first grey hairs playing high school seniors. They're believable in their roles.
Agreed. Though as someone who got their first grey hairs at 15 I wouldn't mind having a 30 year-old play me when my life story finally gets picked up by a studio.

Ryujin

Legend
Agreed. Though as someone who got their first grey hairs at 15 I wouldn't mind having a 30 year-old play me when my life story finally gets picked up by a studio.
I went to high school with a guy who was stone grey by senior year.

Hey, didn't Abbi say that she was going off to grad school and not just university? That would mean she already had a few years of college/university under her belt, before the show began. It would also explain her superior scientific knowledge a bit.

I went to high school with a guy who was stone grey by senior year.

Hey, didn't Abbi say that she was going off to grad school and not just university? That would mean she already had a few years of college/university under her belt, before the show began. It would also explain her superior scientific knowledge a bit.
I must've missed that. It would certainly track considering how knowledgeable she is and why Tilda doesn't give her the same age grief as Juan.

Hussar

Legend
Just finished watching these.

Loved it. Hit all the right notes. The heroes don’t do stupid things just to drive plot. Nobody really hides stuff in order to have misunderstandings drive plot. None of it makes me want to shout at the characters for being stupid.

Definitely liked this one and want more.

Remove ads