The Infamous [M&M] [CLOSED]

Walking Dad

First Post
Einar could remember the scent, fact. And if Bats would walk back to his cave on foot, track him. Urban tracking is ... difficult since there is too many scents mixing and too many tracks left one over the another. Of course we could employ some homeless people to look out for Bats (wanna freshly baked meat ? What do You mean ... it's not Fred ! Fred fled to Florida.)

But ... since Batarang is personal possession, Ezekiah might do something nasty and demonic with it, couldn't he ?:devil:

Knowing the scent would be interesting, if we enter Wayne Manor, as Lady Grey has Bruce as an enemy... :devil:

---

New ritual: Follow the strings:
(Detect Life [mental, Accurate, Acute, Extended 10?, Ranged, Tracking]
maybe with the flaw of needing an object belonging to this person.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
You know, Einar could easily procure Rituals up to 6 PP in cost. Designing one would take 24 hours, making one work would take hour.

As for Ezekiah, he could use Extra Effort to send a nasty demon after Bats, right ? Imagine Spy Demon possessing Batman's utility belt and listening closely to what Bats says. You don't need Ritualist feat, since Witch Hunters don't dabble in sorcery. Right ? ;)

And from my side Einar indeed needs to create some Rituals, but it will take some time for him to remember all necessary stuff. Walking Dad, nice lead ... but ritual needs to be VERY VERY cheap. Or Einar will have big difficulties in creating and using them.

Graybeard

Explorer
Knowing the scent would be interesting, if we enter Wayne Manor, as Lady Grey has Bruce as an enemy... :devil:

---

New ritual: Follow the strings:
(Detect Life [mental, Accurate, Acute, Extended 10?, Ranged, Tracking]
maybe with the flaw of needing an object belonging to this person.

Now that would be interesting indeed. We somehow manage to get into Wayne Manor and Einar tracks Bruce Wayne's scent to the Batcave. Very interestin indeed. Our poor GM, he has such interesting and conniving players. :devil:

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Even more interesting is that we have two potential groups working here. :]

Russians and Hellspawn, and our ... more colorful one. The silliest thing is that until Einar regains his berserker spirit, he'll be acting all responsible and reasonable. But later ... :heh:

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Voda Vosa, I had been thinking a bit about the: Minions & Sidekicks. And here are some loose thoughts I decided to share with all of You guys.

Since we are playing villains, it seems unfair that we couldn't use/create gigantic swarms of easily defeatable minions for "heroes" to fight. Especially with plans being unfolded about overtaking criminal activities in Gotham.

Besides, I would love to see Lady Gray at the head of Gray Ninja Clan. :blush:
Einar would look so cool at the head of mercenary warband (Sorta like folks from "Expendables" but all more like Dolph Lundgren and less of a bleedingheart).

Dirtbag ... well I guess anyone would utter this nickname with utmost respect and fear once his brother becames Godfather of the Mob Coalition.

Imagine probability where Hybrid gets not only real name, but also Cloning Facility.

Alexiej will need web of influences and informants too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus I would like to present such idea for our DM and fellow Players to consider: Why not make it so that willing Players take all the weight on their shoulders, and presend DM with nice tablets filled with things like orders for minions, shedules of terrorist attacks, robberies ... photo shoot for Play Viking ... Err, not this forum.:p

Simply said, we would have to acquire our resources during game. Just like Einar is working on regaining his powers and will try to get Headquarters. I plan on building it all, with the Infamous's help or without it. Minions would truly help in this regard.

How I envision this ? Players would put on calendar with shedules. Let's imagine Einar acquired Boxing Club and :

1) week, Einar checks up capabilities of the club members. And the clubroom too. He isn't impressed. And understands why seller was chuckling.
Dirt - cheap ruined clubroom. All equipment of worst quality, no funds.
9 club members, 7 are kids greener than grass, one Pathetic Boxer with Breaking Morale and Total Wimp negative traits and one, Retired Goldhand with Alvays Absent and It Still Stands, Right ? negative traits.

Decisions: Einar will spend 3 days acquiring funds, club members are ordered to Clean Up This Mess. First Einar gave them Encouraging Speech and Round of Booze positive events and went to work Fatigued.
GM rolls a die, to see if things went Einar's way or not. GM rolled 13 and decided that Einar have something in himself and his minions managed to add Clean Like Plate positive trait to their club.

Meanwhile Einar is engaged in adventure to steal the money from drug company. After a moment GM says that he acquired resource: Money, Money !

We look at the Einar's rooster (G/G/R):

Equipment: Dirt-Cheap, Ruined Clubroom with Clean Like Plate bonus.
Minions: 7 Kids, Pathetic Boxer (Breaking Morale, Total Wimp), Retired Goldhand(Alvays Absent, It Still Stands, Right? ); They got Round of Booze(negative event for Kids) and Encouraging Speech; It makes them all Moderately Useful and they managed to clean the clubroom ! Yay. But now all are Exhausted and need rest.

And from on Einar would struggle with his club to make it the best boxing team, and his personals thug squad too. How ? By spending proper bonuses acquired by minions or himself like Steroids or Mental Conditioning. And time, lots of time and decision making ... to see if Einar managed to do something out of this ... or he just went postal on them one day and left to other place to restart. :)

In short, we could our minions to carry out orders depending on their competence and the more work together the better the chances. We, players, would make clear plans and other things necessary for SimManagement and present GM with simple decision-making about sucess or failure.

This way, once upon a time we who want Minions, would present DM with shedules for our minions/sidekicks and normal adventure flow would be least disturbed by it. Except, of course Players using the accomplishments from this SimSlaver as an excuses to flow with eloquence during gameplay. Or DM would use our assets as a scene on wich adventure will unfold ... with our victory giving us perhaps a bonus.

Walking Dad

First Post
I don't really see Hybrid acquiring minions. More likely he will the battle leader for Einar's suicide squadrons (and be the only one left standing afterward).

Voda Vosa

First Post
Voda Vosa, I had been thinking a bit about the: Minions & Sidekicks. And here are some loose thoughts I decided to share with all of You guys.

Since we are playing villains, it seems unfair that we couldn't use/create gigantic swarms of easily defeatable minions for "heroes" to fight. Especially with plans being unfolded about overtaking criminal activities in Gotham.

Besides, I would love to see Lady Gray at the head of Gray Ninja Clan. :blush:
Einar would look so cool at the head of mercenary warband (Sorta like folks from "Expendables" but all more like Dolph Lundgren and less of a bleedingheart).

Dirtbag ... well I guess anyone would utter this nickname with utmost respect and fear once his brother becames Godfather of the Mob Coalition.

Imagine probability where Hybrid gets not only real name, but also Cloning Facility.

Alexiej will need web of influences and informants too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus I would like to present such idea for our DM and fellow Players to consider: Why not make it so that willing Players take all the weight on their shoulders, and presend DM with nice tablets filled with things like orders for minions, shedules of terrorist attacks, robberies ... photo shoot for Play Viking ... Err, not this forum.:p

Simply said, we would have to acquire our resources during game. Just like Einar is working on regaining his powers and will try to get Headquarters. I plan on building it all, with the Infamous's help or without it. Minions would truly help in this regard.

How I envision this ? Players would put on calendar with shedules. Let's imagine Einar acquired Boxing Club and :

1) week, Einar checks up capabilities of the club members. And the clubroom too. He isn't impressed. And understands why seller was chuckling.
Dirt - cheap ruined clubroom. All equipment of worst quality, no funds.
9 club members, 7 are kids greener than grass, one Pathetic Boxer with Breaking Morale and Total Wimp negative traits and one, Retired Goldhand with Alvays Absent and It Still Stands, Right ? negative traits.

Decisions: Einar will spend 3 days acquiring funds, club members are ordered to Clean Up This Mess. First Einar gave them Encouraging Speech and Round of Booze positive events and went to work Fatigued.
GM rolls a die, to see if things went Einar's way or not. GM rolled 13 and decided that Einar have something in himself and his minions managed to add Clean Like Plate positive trait to their club.

Meanwhile Einar is engaged in adventure to steal the money from drug company. After a moment GM says that he acquired resource: Money, Money !

We look at the Einar's rooster (G/G/R):

Equipment: Dirt-Cheap, Ruined Clubroom with Clean Like Plate bonus.
Minions: 7 Kids, Pathetic Boxer (Breaking Morale, Total Wimp), Retired Goldhand(Alvays Absent, It Still Stands, Right? ); They got Round of Booze(negative event for Kids) and Encouraging Speech; It makes them all Moderately Useful and they managed to clean the clubroom ! Yay. But now all are Exhausted and need rest.

And from on Einar would struggle with his club to make it the best boxing team, and his personals thug squad too. How ? By spending proper bonuses acquired by minions or himself like Steroids or Mental Conditioning. And time, lots of time and decision making ... to see if Einar managed to do something out of this ... or he just went postal on them one day and left to other place to restart. :)

In short, we could our minions to carry out orders depending on their competence and the more work together the better the chances. We, players, would make clear plans and other things necessary for SimManagement and present GM with simple decision-making about sucess or failure.

This way, once upon a time we who want Minions, would present DM with shedules for our minions/sidekicks and normal adventure flow would be least disturbed by it. Except, of course Players using the accomplishments from this SimSlaver as an excuses to flow with eloquence during gameplay. Or DM would use our assets as a scene on wich adventure will unfold ... with our victory giving us perhaps a bonus.

I think it's a good idea, but (as usual) I think you are over exited about this ;) Not that it's a bad thing, but as I stated in the first post of this thread, I don't want to get complicated with minions and sidekicks. Not that you'll not get to make some micro management of some minions, but your system is all too complicated. Mostly I'll give you a couple of guys, you send them to do something, I roll a 1d100 and determine if they succeed or not. In combat they'll be just cinematic, fighting other cinematic enemies (AKA policemen) and the such.

Graybeard

Explorer
Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be on vacation from October 15th through the 23rd. I will have limited internet access so I will check the game thread and post when I can.

Thanks.

Remove ads