The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Rapida

First Post
Seeing the opportunity to attack the two javelin throwers Brenwar quickly moves across the battlefield. With a mighty smash and a prayer to Palladys he brings his hammer down on where the kobold just was, not managing to connect to the shifty creatures.

[sblock=Combat Moves]
Move Action: O14->O16->P17
Minor Action: Divine Strength
Standard Action: Piercing Smite versus Javelin A
Piercing Smite, with divine strength (1d20+6=8, 2d10+8=15)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Brenwar - Male Human Paladin 1
Initiative: +1, Speed: 5
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Reflex: 15, Will: 14
HP: 29/29 , Bloodied: 14 , Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 12/12
Action Points: 0

OA
Basic Melee Attack: +6 Warhammer 1d10+4 Damage

Powers
Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Bolstering Strike
Lay on Hands (2/2 Remaining)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Second Wind
Paladin's Judgment, Healing Word
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Will put update here tomorrow afternoon. Anyone hear from Rathan or Rumleech? How long do you guys want me to go on before looking for fillers?[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
As far as I'm concerned start looking now, not anything against them it would just make it easier for everyone involved.
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[Sblock=Initiative]
Shayla HP:20/20 Surges:6/6 (5) Def:16/12/10/17 SW:Unused
Patronis HP:19/30 Surges:10/10 (7) Def:14/14/14/15 SW:Unused Concealment
Bricks HP:3/24 Surges:7/7 (6) Def:16/17/13/12 SW:Unused
Chey HP:26/26 Surges:8/8 (6) Def:15/14/12/15 SW:Unused Concealment
Wizardy 30 Damage (Bloodied)
Bren HP:29/29 Surges:14/14 (7) Def:20/15/16/14 SW:Unused
Piker A 5 Temp HP
Javelin B 13 Damage 5 Temp HP
Miranna HP:29/29 Surges:10/10 (7) Def:19/15/13/15 SW:Unused Your Turn
Javelin A 17 Damage 5 Temp HP[/sblock]

Cheysuli's flames lick harmlessly along the robed kobold. It swats at the flames for a moment before realising they are doing it no harm.

Grinning widely the robed kobold chants in it's own tongue, and suddenly the kobolds around it spring into action, blood lust glazing their eyes and energizing their limbs. The entire battlefield shifts towards the robed kobold.

[Sblock=Actions] All allies shift 1 and gain 5 Temp HP
Javelin A to N18
Javelin B to P18
Pikr A to P21[/sblock]

Rushing toward one of the javelin wielding kobolds, Brenwar is caught off guard by the sudden shift and his strike falls just behind the rushing kobolds back.

Looking at Mr. Bricks with murder in it's eyes, the remaining piker shifts closer to the robe wearer and strikes out in an attempt to exact vengance upon it's brothers murderer. The blow lands solidly and cuts a deep gash in Mr. Bricks lightly armored thigh which immediately begins to gush blood onto the straw and dirt floor.

[Sblock=Actions]
Minor action to Shift to O21
Standard Action to attack (Hit) 10 Damage[/sblock]

Hoping to capitalize on the disorder caused by their shift, the other Javelin wielder stabs towards Brenwars back, but it's blow is knocked aside by his hammer. Hoping to outmaneuver the Paladin he shifts closer to the robed kobold once more.

[Sblock=Actions]
Standard action to attack Brenwar (Miss)
Minor Action to shift to O18[/url]

[Sblock=Map] New map is Here.[/sblock]

[Sblock=OOC] If I missed something sorry, I had a nice 25 minute post done up and then my son turned my laptop off so I redid it post haste hahaha[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna realized it would be difficult to reach the kobold spellcaster- at least directly... She moved quickly around the clustered combatants, setting herself by the ladder up to the loft. Then she set her feet, raised her sword, and hurled the blade in a sweeping, lightning-trail arc, aimed at the kobold leader's head... As the shifty caster ducked, the blade bounced off the wall and slammed into one of the javelin wielders, then swirled through the air and back into Miranna's waiting hand.

OOC: [sblock] Move around to Q 19 (adjacent to the ladder, which was at Q 20 on the earlier map). Then using her Daily power of Whirling Blade- first target would be the wizardy, if that misses Red A, Red B, Blue A would be checked in order. Attack roll is +7 vs. AC, damage 2d8+4; Wizardy is still marked with Aegis of Assault from last turn. First roll 1d20+7= 9, damage 18; roll Roll Lookup ; Rolls 2-4, 1d20+7= 22, 24, 11 in order- I think that hits Red A, for 18 damage from original roll. Rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2250669/ [/sblock]

Last edited:

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'd really like to chime in and say I'm in favor of that flavor of PBEM posting, it let's me be leadery by hitting my allies with buffs before they move in combat and then hang back and fix whatever they break on their turn. For example, right now I REALLY need to know what Javalin A is gonna do before I can decide my action.

Just my two copper[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] But valuable nontheless. I can definitely see how it would be beneficial and am looking forward to seeing how it runs.[/sblock]

[Sblock=Initiative]
Bricks HP:3/24 Surges:7/7 (6) Def:16/17/13/12 SW:Unused
Chey HP:26/26 Surges:8/8 (6) Def:15/14/12/15 SW:Unused Concealment
Wizardy 30 Damage (Bloodied)
Piker A 5 Temp HP
Javelin B 13 Damage 5 Temp HP
Miranna HP:29/29 Surges:10/10 (7) Def:19/15/13/15 SW:Unused Your Turn
Javelin A 17 Damage 5 Temp HP [/sblock]

Holding his ground, the javelin wielding kobold closest to the wizard looks from Brenwar to Cheysuli and back. Deciding that the blurry figure of Cheysuli would be too tough a target to tackle, it instead settles on the challenge it understands.

Striking out with it's javelin at Brenwar but the blood rage clouding it's vision makes it's strike sloppy and easy to deflect.

[Sblock=Actions]
Standard action to attack Brenwar (miss)[/sblock]

[Sblock=ooc] I'll try and update again tonight once you post your move[/sblock]

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm having trouble accessing invisible castle again, could you roll for me?[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]
Great Bricks didn't go down!
Move: Move to Q18 (should be no cover to wizardy guy)
Minor: Healing Word on Mr. Bricks for 1d6+12 (7 surge value + 5 healing lore)
Free: Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune +1 to hit on next attack
Standard: Lance of Faith on Wizardy guy (1d20+6 vs ref. on hit 1d8+5 damage and Patronis get's +2 to hit on next attack against him if he's not dead)

I feel bad for buffing all the missing players but they seem to be the ones in the right places at this point in the fight.
[/sblock]

Seeing Mr. Bricks stagger a bit Shayla comes running in to see how bad he is hurt. Seeing the extent of the bleeding she mutters in a calm voice "Light heal the Mr. Bricks" and brilliant light fills the wound fading moments later leaving only pink skin and slashed armor.

Then looking at the caster she forms a fist and then throws an open hand at him. A bolt of light shoots from her hand toward the scaled creature. Should he not fall she calls out "Finish him Patronis!"

[sblock=Shayla stat block]Shayla- Female Elf Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15
AC:16, Fort:10, Reflex:12, Will:17 -- Speed:6
HP:20/20, Bloodied:10, Surge Value:5, Surges left:6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Sacred Flame
Lance of Faith
Divine Glow
Healing Word x1
Elven Accuracy
Channel Divinity
Hunter's Quarry
Beacon of Hope
Group Awareness: Non-elf allies within 5 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to perception checks
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[Sblock=Initiative]
Bricks HP:20/24 Surges:7/7 (6) Def:16/17/13/12 SW:Unused
Chey HP:26/26 Surges:8/8 (6) Def:15/14/12/15 SW:Unused Concealment Your Turn
Piker A 11 Damage
Javelin B 17 Damage Bloodied
Miranna HP:29/29 Surges:10/10 (7) Def:19/15/13/15 SW:Unused
Javelin A 17 Damage 5 Temp HP [/sblock]

Shayla's lance strikes home and the kobold drops to the dirt floor, smoke rising from the impact point.

[Sblock=Actions]
Healing 1d6+12=17
Attack 1d20+6=25; 1d8+5=13[/sblock]
[Sblock=Malanore] Dont feel bad it is what it is. I'm putting an ad for more players in the tavern today[/sblock]

Seeing the wizard drop Patronis scans the battlefield, eyes afire with infernal rage. His eyes settle on the remaining pike wielder facing off with Mr. Bricks. Calling on the infernal presence seared into his soul he unleashes a torrent of energy at the kobold as blood red runes etch themselves upon the kobolds skin, marking it.

[Sblock=Actions]
Minor action to Curse the piker
Standard action to attack with Hellish Rebuke ( CRIT!) 16 Damage
Move action to move to R23
[/sblock]

As the fire streams from Patronis a looming shadow appears behind him, outlining an indistinct winged form of massive proportion complete with batwings. Suddenly the room grows unbearably hot for a moment and the flame doubles in intensity, a torrent of raging hellfire scorching the kobold and eliciting screams that no mortal mouth should produce.

Shuddering as if from some unseen chill, Patronis quickly backpedals into the shadows, seeming to fade from view.

Stepping back to avoid the onrush of flames, Mr. bricks turns his attention to the spearwielder opposite Brenwar. Stepping into a flanking position he tries to sink his blade into the kobold's back, twirling it in his hand as he lashes out.

[Sblock=Actions]
Minor action to shift to O19
Standard action to atatck with Sly Flourish (Hit) 9 Damage[/sblock]

[Sblock=Map] I'm atwork right now so I'll upload the map later. The only things that moved were Patronis into the bottom right corner, and Mr. Bricks is now flanking Red B with Brenwar.[/sblock]

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc]If Mr Bricks shifted to flank, should he not get his sneak attack? I believe that's the one he's attacking...

oh and WOW with the rolling![/sblock]

Remove ads