The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Rapida

First Post
[sblock=?]
I'll post my full turn tomorrow, but I noticed Brenwar was missing from the turn summary. Assuming it was just an oversight but just making sure
[/sblock]

Malanore

First Post
Shayla trains a key eye on kobold who dodged her first attack looking for a weakness then rushes to the door behind the two charging warriors filling the room with radiant energy.

[sblock=Combat]
Minor: Quarry Scale Shield Kobold
Move: Move up to P13
Standard: Casts Divine Glow on a 3x3 from O14 to Q16
Brenwar and Miranna recieve +2 to hit until the end of my next turn (good turn for an AP if you think this encounter will need it, which it might if those casters don't go down fast)

Brown Kobold (5+5=10) vs. Reflex
Elven Accuracy on Brown Kobold (9+5=14) vs. Reflex
Red B Kobold (18+5=23) vs. Reflex

If hit they each take (2+5=7) Radiant Damage
And Brown will take an additional 2 Damage from being quarried

Boy I'm a high roller today :/
[/sblock]

[sblock=Shayla stat block]Shayla- Female Elf Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15
AC:16, Fort:10, Reflex:12, Will:17 -- Speed:6
HP:20/20, Bloodied:10, Surge Value:5, Surges left:6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Sacred Flame
Lance of Faith
Divine Glow
Healing Word x2
Elven Accuracy
Channel Divinity
Hunter's Quarry
Beacon of Hope
Group Awareness: Non-elf allies within 5 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to perception checks
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: [sblock] I'm still here, but since Miranna's spot in the order is so low, I'm going to wait to see how things look before posting her next action... [/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar yells, "By Palladys I shall have justice for what you've done here!" A golden, ethereal owl flaps around the kobold as a divine glow marks it. "Palladys, grant me the power to vanquish these foul creatures." His hammer becomes engulfed in a radiant flames as he tries to batter down the kobold's defenses. He quickly has the kobold on the defense as it tries to guard from two sides and proceeds to leave himself open to Brenwar's glowing warhammer.
[sblock=Combat]
If need be I will use my move action to shift closer to these tricky little kobolds, but otherwise I will happily stay in flanking position.
Minor Action: Mark the Dragonscale Kobold
Move Action: Not used (unless the kobold shifts or such during my turn, I think these are the ones that do that)
Standard Action: Holy Strike (+4 for flanking/divine glow)
Holy Strike (1d20+10=24, 1d10+6=16)
Action Point: Holy Strike(+4 for flanking/divine glow)
Holy Strike (1d20+10=27, 1d10+6=12)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 1
Initiative: +1, Speed: 5
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Reflex: 15, Will: 14
HP: 29/29 , Bloodied: 14 , Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 12/12
Action Points: 0

OA
Basic Melee Attack: +6 Warhammer 1d10+4 Damage

Powers
At-Will Powers:
Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Bolstering Strike
Encounter Powers:
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Second Wind
Daily Powers:
Paladin’s Judgment, Healing Word, Lay on Hands (2/2 Remaining)
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Brenwar] Actually it was intentional, since you RP'd it I didn't feel the need to reflavor. That being said in the future I may just copy paste what you wrote into my summary.[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
Shayla 21
Patronis 19
Bricks 16
Chey 16
Wizardy 9 Damage
Bren 14
Piker A
Javelin B 7 Damage
Dragon Scale 7 Damage
Miranna 8
Javelin A 11 Damage
Piker B [/sblock]

As Shayla calls down the holy light of judgement upon them the scale shield and nearby Javelin wielder cringe in pain, hissing serpentine curses through their teeth as the light seared them.

Looking sidelong through the door Patronis once again draws on his unholy pact, focusing wrathful energy into an expulsion aimed at the robed kobold this time.

[sblock=Actions]1d20+4=18, 1d6+4=9
Standard action to cast Hellish Rebuke on N17 (Hit Ref)[/sblock]

As unholy fire licks up around the robed kobold, Patronis crooks his hand ever so slightly, embers igniting at it's feet to punish it should the small draconian lash out.

Looking to sneak a quick strike in while the kobolds are distracted by blossoming flame, Mr. Bricks lunges at the nearest piker, dagger extended.

[sblock=Actions]1d20+8=21, 1d4+4+2d8=11
Standard action to attack with positioning strike (Hit Will) 11 Damage, Slide target to P19
Move action to shift to O19[/sblock]

As his dagger bites in, the kobold stumbles to the side, his fellows catching him, while Mr. Bricks deftly steps forward.

Got em rounded up for you! He hollers over his shoulder.

[sblock=map] Updated map is here. Waiting on Chey then we shall continue. Also if everyone could post a mini stat block. I think most have one but if you dont please do me one up.[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
[sblock=Brenwar] Actually it was intentional, since you RP'd it I didn't feel the need to reflavor. That being said in the future I may just copy paste what you wrote into my summary.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC] Yeah it'd help me keep up better in the future if you note it somehow in your summary.
I was wondering if you had seen Mal's way of doing combat going around the boards? It seems like a very good way to speed up combat and I was wondering if you'd be up for giving it a try on our next combat? I don't want to change this one mid-battle or anything but thought it might be good to try.

Also I'll be attending PAX this weekend so I may be a bit spotty on posting depending on how prevalent wi-fi is and how much free time I have. So feel free to NPC Brenwar if it comes down to it, but hopefully it won't.[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

The nonchalant manner in which the robed lizardling shrugged off her attack makes Chey's anger rise; the flickering orange light of the flames to her back remind her of that awful night back in the Feywild and the rising wave of anger breaks into a rage. She lets out an unearthly howl; cursing her target as she strikes out at the nearest kobold with her mind before rushing into the fray.
At the last moment Cheysuli takes control of her anger and focuses it at who she believes to be the greatest threat; in her thoughts she calls upon the spirits of nature to punish the gloating creature with white-hot flames.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor = Curse Scaleshield
Standard = :ranged:Eyebite v Scaleshield 1d20+4= 6 v Will, 1d6+4= 6 psychic damage & chey is invisible to the target until the start of her next turn.
Move = move to N14 (gaining concealment from shadow walk)
Action point = :ranged:Witchfire v robed kobold 1d20+4= 10 vs Ref, 2d6+4=10 and the target takes -5 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn
Not rolling very well today :erm:[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Rapida] I assume we're talking Mal as in Malkenkirk? I have heard of it but never see it, got some linkage for me? If I remember the gist is all enemies act on one initiative? And something about players rolling for certain things?[/sblock]
[Sblock=Initiative]
Shayla 21
Patronis 19 11 Damage
Bricks 16 11 Damage
Chey 16 Concealment
Wizardy 9 Damage
Bren 14
Piker A
Javelin B 7 Damage
Dragon Scale 7 Damage Curse (Chey)
Miranna 8
Javelin A 11 Damage
Piker B [/sblock]

Despite her best efforts, none of Cheysuli's attacks seem to have any effect. The scale shield seems momentarily disoriented but then focuses bck on Chey, while the robed kobold flings it's hands downward dousing the flames with a spray of frost.

Seeing itself being boxed in the robed kobold nimbly ducks away from Miranna and scuttles quickly towards Patronis and Mr. Bricks. Inhaling deeply, the shaman clasps his morbid totem tightly and exhales painful, bitter frost. As the cloud settles, both of your companions creak, and pop as their joints strain against the rime.

[Sblock=Actions]1d20+6=21, 1d10+3=11
Minor Action to shift to N18
Move Action to Move to N19
Standard Action to attack with Cold Breath (Hit Fort) 11 Damage[/sblock]
[sblock=Map] New map is here.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC] I will update initiative list to include useful info like HP etc tomorrow, but im just tired. Who would have thought project management could keep me so busy? PS if you ever travel to Labrador Canada expect every season in the same week.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Not to nag, but I noticed that you hadn't included chey's curse on the dragon scale in the initiative list. I'm just double checking that it hadn't been missed :blush:

The way these guys are bunching up kinda makes me wish we had a controller in our midst![/sblock]

Remove ads