The Last Gods OOC - The Candlelight Avengers

ringojim

First Post
Jharvym, you guys make a bolt for the door,I'm gonna wing this sucker & see what happens. I'll wait til I see you are down there. Go, go, go! Wooooohoooooo!

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Yep, all magic and psionics is affected, including items and on going effects.

And yes sorry Rystil too late for that rule to come in ;)

If you get in a blue I guess tactics will have to come to the fore :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
Ohhhhh, seeing that climbing thing, I get it now. This is one of those things that the books on GMing say not to do--building a skill check situation / encounter / mystery that is easily bypassed by high level characters and then negating those abilities that allow a bypass. Ah well, let the climbing falling begin! :lol: :D

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Hi Daz I having a bit of trouble visualising where we're in relation to the beholders eye, as far as I understand it we are on a path that is thousands of feet above the surface of the beholder, then beholder then opened it's eye and affected us with it's AM ray.

What I want to know is where is the eye in relation to the pathway, if the eye is off to one side of the pathway then by hanging down on the opposite side of the path our magic would work, otherwise if the path is built on the surface of the eyeball then if we laid down on the path the pathway would block the AM ray.

Can you clarify what the situation is.

Thanks

D20Dazza

Explorer
Hi LR, yeah the adventure isn't written that well - which I warned you all about ;)

I see it as a cliff like structure built on the surface of the Beholder and that you are walking towards the eye, so kind of on the beasties bottom eye lid, it's staring down (or up depending on your perspective) at you. Clear as mud??

Lord_Raven88

First Post
D20Dazza said:
Hi LR, yeah the adventure isn't written that well - which I warned you all about ;)

I see it as a cliff like structure built on the surface of the Beholder and that you are walking towards the eye, so kind of on the beasties bottom eye lid, it's staring down (or up depending on your perspective) at you. Clear as mud??
So does that mean that when we're in the gap we'll be out of sight of the Beholders vision :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
Well, other than the "all grab hold of a ring idea", I'm out of ideas. Well, I have one more, but it's silly: Have Damien make a bluff check as he shouts "Hey, look at that gorgeous female planet-sized beholder over there" and point away ;)

Remove ads