The Last Gods OOC - The Candlelight Avengers

Rystil Arden

First Post
Jharvym doesn't like having Divine or God in the name. The gods failed him as a child, and he believes that people must take the cause of good into their own hands instead of using the gods as an excuse to do nothing. As for shields, we have, what, one person who uses a shield. Maybe two?

Besides, the name isn't really that deceptive. Remember, the way to roleplay knights and paladins without derailing the whole party is not to put out blanket "None of you can do anything that is possibly sneaky" statements. Lead by a shining example, but do not force the other characters' hands, or you get sad other characters.

ringojim

First Post
Athear's thinking that it'd be a good idea to use both names (Shields of Dawn & Candlelight Avengers). He's not that into blatantly lying to good people but the baddies don't always have to know your name either. A little bit of smoke and mirrors can be a good thing at times, keeping the bad guys guessing can give you the edge you need.

Fighting the good fight is the goal, don't let the little stuff (like a bit of deception here and there) get in the way of taking out a big bad.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Fighting the good fight is the goal, don't let the little stuff (like a bit of deception here and there) get in the way of taking out a big bad.

I agree, but it is true that there is a Knight's Code class feature that requires the Knight to not actively engage in deception himself. Doesn't stop the knight from associating with others who do, though.

Bront

The man with the probe
If you read his personality, he's not anti-others doing it. I think he just doesn't want to partake in a deception himself by a name.

Of course, if we actualy do sell candles, even if for cover, it means we're actualy merchants too ;)

Besides, I don't think we're going to announce the party name. I think it was more for OOC than IC.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
If you read his personality, he's not anit-others doing it. I think he just doesn't want to partake in a deception himself by a name.

Of course, if we actualy do sell candles, even if for cover, it means we're actualy merchants too ;)

Besides, I don't think we're going to announce the party name. I think it was more for OOC than IC.
That's true.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Jharvym has no problems with working with others, and he always appreciates helps, but by nature, he is a bit of a loner who is equally content to fight a one-man crusade against the world. If we want to start quickly, we could always say that Azrael's appearance came with some sort of giant dark vortex or other big special FX thingy that attracted the attention of those nearby brave enough to investigate.

Bront

The man with the probe
btw, Dibs on Orange

Still need to spend the 5K, think I know what I'll do, will post it tonight.

Remove ads