The Shackled City - Golarion Interest/Recruitment (CLOSED)

Shayuri

First Post
Mew...complicated. Been in Mexico the last several days...hard to get online for long.

That said, I do have a window. I'll take a look and see if Nia can kick things along. :)

ahayford

First Post
I figured people were busy with the holidays. We stayed home this year :). Hope you had a good holiday in Mexico. Bet New Years was fun. I have no problem with people being away, just let me know :)

jkason

First Post
Sorry 'bout that. I thought I'd posted a reply to the last update, but apparently I was just imagining it. Threw in Caytis' two cents after Nia. Again, apologies.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
RE: Apparant Lack of Interest

My deepest apologies, ahayford! For me, my lack of posting is not lack of time - though RL has been busy of late, I check the posts every day. It's also DEFINITELY not lack of interest! You're doing a fantastic job of describing what's going on, and I'm loving your narrative posts! I can tell you've put a lot of time and effort into this game, and I really want to affirm that with equally good posting on my part.

My difficulty is coming from a lack of insight. I've got the situation down cold, I've got a good understanding of what our characters know. I just don't have a clue as a player where to go from here. This is definitely my own shortcoming, and it's not typical of me - I think it's similar to writer's block, and sometimes it strikes me dead in the water. When it happens, rather than post a one liner of poor quality, I tend to just watch the thread and hope for some inspiration from either the other characters or from something in the GM's post. Usually this shortcoming will resolve itself, but sometimes it takes a while.

In the meantime, Vadim's not the sort to admit his lack of insight in front of folks from outside his circle, so he'd not say anything as long as there are others around. Once we get out on the street or to a place we can talk amongst ourselves, he'll chime in either with a solid idea or with his lack of one.

I know how frustrating it is as a GM when you wait and wait for player response. I'll try to be better at least about posting here when I get stymied as far as what to do next - that way you won't have to guess as to why Vadim's not saying much ;).

Again, I'm terribly sorry about my lack of IC participation.

Shayuri

First Post
Yar, I'm kind of stumped too.

That and it's just harder for me to get posts out during the week...the usual. That's the new reality, starting to look like. Bleh.

I'll get something out, even if it amounts to, "Nia has no idea." :)

jkason

First Post
Definitely not a lack of interest from me, either. Probably a combination of what Mowgli/Shayuri are saying (being stymied) and my own tendency to use the 'new threads' subscription in place of my own memory.

What's been happening of late is that I read your updates, find myself at a bit of a loss for what my followup should be, tell myself I'll ponder for the day and post again later. Then, if there's not been a new post, I wind up thinking "I'm all caught up" when my control panel says there are no new threads.

Again, mea culpa on that one. That's my failing, definitely not yours.

Like the others, I'll do my best to try to update one way or the other. And many apologies. :(

jason

ahayford

First Post
I'm really not trying to be melodramatic about this...but its hard to run a game when no one is doing anything. I work a lot of long nights, so I understand schedules. But, this game isn't going to get anywhere if we keep having 1-2week lulls where no one does anything. If you have questions about the world/character/people in the game, please post in this thread here and I'll respond as quickly as I can to help you formulate what you want to do.

Posting something, anything, will help you develop your character. As long as we have been playing, these guys are still pretty much still fresh faces, without a whole lot of worldly experience. They are bound to make mistakes, and do things they'll regret or would never do once they are more experienced and wiser. The characters, I think, will develop as the story flows. I know I have already changed the story I had planned....cutting and adding parts as you guys react to what I write.

Certainly, the best way *not* to develop a character is to not post at all :)

Are you guys having trouble with your characters, and how they would react to the current situation? Or do you just not know what you should be doing in game?

jkason

First Post
Are you guys having trouble with your characters, and how they would react to the current situation? Or do you just not know what you should be doing in game?

For me, I think it's probably more the latter. As a player, I think I'm probably weaker at mysteries. I enjoy them from a narrative perspective, and I'm even pretty good at guessing 'whodunit' when I'm watching / reading them. Of course, in those cases, the author's character is usually good at asking the right questions. When I have to come up with the right questions myself, I think I have a tendency to falter a bit more.

Again, my failing, not yours.

Remove ads