• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sky Breathes All Life - OOC

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Okay, i am back .. although the play sure didn't push forward very far in my absence!

Before I post in the IC thread, can I have a question answered? I assumed that because you actually used the word "cloakers" in the post explaining what happened to the party that our characters knew what they were. If that isn't true, then my post when Sye was talking to Lily is in error. So....

Do we actually know what cloakers are or was this the first we'd seen of them? The answer to this question really affects Sye's response. Thanks!

tylermalan

First Post
Alright, so now the question is this: What do we do about AmorFati and Jemal's characters? I have a feeling they will not be returning to the game, as we haven't heard anything from them in weeks now. What do you guys think?

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Well, you can give them until we are done RPing through the search. If they show up before then, they are found by one party or another. If not ... well ... your call. I hate to say it, but they could become casualties of the cloaker attack. Storylinewise, it would make sense. Of course, they could just not be found ... the party goes on without them ... and if they do infact return they could be inserted into the stroyline under the idea that they were found at some other time, by some other rescue group, etc. That way they wouldn't have to be closed out ... just not mentioned. That oculd be your best option there. Just ... never declared one way or the other.

Unless, of course, you are looking for a party of more than 4. If so ... then you are of course debating between recruiting another 1 or 2 players and running the risk that both return and now you are up to 8! If that's your dilemma, tough call. I wish you luck! :)

BTW ... don't forget that as I RP Sye is looking for kids as per my OOC post a few posts ago in the IC thread.

tylermalan

First Post
Gotcha about Sye.

And yeah, those two seem like viable options, and part of the novelty of the attack was that the characters could be missing and have a reason behind it. I'll decide what to do officially pretty soon here.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
This advertisement is done without the urging of foreknowledge of our DM:

It has come up in one of the games that I am DMing that some of the other PbP games have slowed down in posting. I have noticed a similar trend. I also realize that many posters on this site are in high school/college and are coming up on Thanksgiving Recess. This also means papers are coming due, vacation is being planned, and people's time is getting stretched. However, the game only goes on as fast as the players post - and I know how easy it is for a DM to think the players are losing interest when posting slows. While we are all strapped for time, lets give tylermalan a show of support for the game and rededicate to posting regularily! Especially with RP conversation, I have confidence we can whip off a post once per day!

Shayuri

First Post
I'm waiting on the Duncmeister to see if he follows me/says anything.

If I don't hear from him, i'll just strive to save whoever I can.

tylermalan

First Post
That is an excellent point, and I'm glad you mentioned it. I recently changed offices, and sort of changed jobs, so where before I had a lot of time throughout the day to check and post, now I'm down to about once a day, in the evenings for me, Alaska time. That being said, you will probably see my most recent posts in the mornings, but I can still assuredly post once a day. As far as the holidays go, I hope you can all continue to post! I understand if you can't though :) I have no intention of letting this campaign waver, as I'm truly liking the direction its going and the characters involved.

Remove ads