• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Star Wars Iconic Characters and the Lords of the Expanse: Hunting Grounds (cont.)

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Some guy named Assadi possibly used to work for a criminal cartel.

"Bounty hunter," says Vor'en laconically, entering the room in his crisp dress greys and body armor. He walks until he stands at formal attention behind Ariani. "Good shot, too." There's actually gaurded praise in his tone.

Arani Korden

First Post
Vor'en Kurn said:
"Good shot, too."

"But is he our spy?"

Arani takes a moment to scan the room, as well as all the exits. Since she doesn't see what she's looking for, she continues.

"He doesn't strike me as the type to have any qualms about dealing with the Trade Federation or pirates; he seemed pretty mercenary to me. No offense, Vor'en. I'm not sure why they'd send a bounty hunter to conduct negotiations, though."

Arani crosses over to a large mirror hanging on the wall.

"Feel free to tell me how wonderful I look, by the way."

Pbartender

First Post
Arani Korden said:
ooc: At this point, poor Arani's about to get stood up. :( We should probably come up with some explanation for the disappearence of Dorn and the others.

OOC: We should, but I don't think I will... just yet. Mysterious disappearances are such more useful plot devices.

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Arani Korden said:
"Feel free to tell me how wonderful I look, by the way."

There is a pause as Vor'en takes this order literally. Then, "You look... nice, ma'am." The word sounds rusty and unused on his tongue.

Arani Korden

First Post
Vor'en Kurn said:
There is a pause as Vor'en takes this order literally. Then, "You look... nice, ma'am." The word sounds rusty and unused on his tongue.

ooc: I'm not sure why, but this made me laugh out loud.

"Thank you, Vor'en. But I want you to start calling me Arani when we're not in public. Like it or not, you're one of us now."

Arani turns to the Rodian. "Very good work, Kel. Looks like our top suspects at the moment are Assadi and what's-his-name," She checks the datapad. "Dr. Ae-Sook from the university. Still, the spy could be any of the delegates. Except me."

Rorworr

First Post
"Maybe we're not looking for a spy." Rorworr suggests. "If there's a bounty hunter present, maybe he's not here to hunt just big game, if you get my drift?

"Oh, and you look fabulous as always, Arani. Almost as good as me..." He grins, taking his hat off as he sweepingly bows to the young noblewoman.

Arani Korden

First Post
"Point. We'll find out soon enough, I guess."

Arani surveys the troops.

"We look good. Those of us who are here, at least."

She pulls out her commlink, but then stops and stares at it.

Remove ads