• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Star Wars Iconic Characters and the Lords of the Expanse: Hunting Grounds (cont.)

Arani Korden

First Post
Rorworr said:
"Hey, any reason why Vor'en's being all stand-offish? Have you done something to upset the poor lad?" Rorworr prods Sia with an accusing finger.

"Vor'en's just doing a spot of brooding. He's pretty good at it, but it's hard to brood when you're surrounded by such paragons of feminine loveliness."

Arani takes another bite of fruit, and absent-mindedly licks her lips. "Mm. Mmmmmm! This is good. Remind me to bring some with us when we leave."

Last edited:

Kelko

First Post
Pbartender said:
"It's never been done!" the Baron fairly exclaims, "A highly unusual breach of etiquette, one might say. Of course that's the Barnabans for you... Never a care for how things should be done, so long as they look good doing it."

"So this is all an attempt on their part solely to gain prestige? Why bother coming if you don't care enough to send your own people?" He frowns at the way the game is going, but heedless of the consequences, continues playing.

Pbartender

First Post
"Gain prestige? No, one only gains prestige by attending functions such as this in person," the Baron corrects. "More likely, the Barnaban are trying to insult the rest of us by sending a hired goon." The game continues for another round, with Kelko faring a little better, almost breaking even for the hand.

Miss Prokofiev glances up at the wall chronometer and excuses herself, "If I don't get started now, I'll never be ready in time for the feast."

Baron Baggley also stands up, "And if I don't take a little nap, I'll never stay awake for the dancing."

OOC: Sorry guys, I almost forgot about you... :eek:

Kelko

First Post
Pbartender said:
Baron Baggley also stands up, "And if I don't take a little nap, I'll never stay awake for the dancing."

OOC: Sorry guys, I almost forgot about you... :eek:

"Of course," Kelko agrees, pocketing whatever funds he has remaining. "Good luck on your hunt." Looking about as the Baron takes his leave, he notices the rest of his companions and walks over to where Rorworr, Arani and Sia-Lan all sit.
"Enjoying the bar, I see," he observes. "When will the hunting start?"

Arani Korden

First Post
Kelko said:
"Enjoying the bar, I see," he observes. "When will the hunting start?"

"Tomorrow. But we have fruit! That should sustain us through dinner and dancing and stuff."

Glancing at the wall chronometer, she frowns. "Speaking of the ball, it's time we returned to our rooms and got ready."

She rises, and taps Vor'en on the shoulder. "Time to get changed, soldier."

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Arani Korden said:
She rises, and taps Vor'en on the shoulder. "Time to get changed, soldier."

Vor'en immediatly puts down his drink, does an about-face, and salutes. "Yes ma'am." He turns and marches out ahead of the group, travelling as efficiently as possible to his room, where he will (with great reluctance) don the military dress greys and slide his armor on over them.

Arani Korden

First Post
Arani returns to her room, and begins the slow process of changing her clothes. As she dresses, she sings an old Naboo folk song - it has a very cheerful tune, so you'd have to listen closely to know that the song's about a woman abandoned on her wedding day.

ooc: At this point, poor Arani's about to get stood up. :( We should probably come up with some explanation for the disappearence of Dorn and the others.

Rorworr

First Post
Rorworr follows Vor'en and Arani's example, quickly changing into his garb for the ball. He pushes his hat to a jaunty angle, and, whistling tunelessly, makes his way back into the lounge. Flopping down onto a chair, he looks over to Kelko.

"So, did the Baron and his friends have much of interest to say? Looked like you did fairly well in the game."

Last edited:

Kelko

First Post
Rorworr said:
Rorworr follows Vor'en and Arani's example, quickly changing into his garb for the ball. He pushes his hat to a jaunty angle, and, whistling tunelessly, makes his way back into the lounge. Flopping down onto a chair, he looks over to Kelko.

"So, did the Baron and his friends have much of interest to say? Looked like you did fairly well in the game."

The rodian shrugged, the ornate tasselled epaulets on his own garb ruffling like an angry bird. "Not sure how useful any of it is. What are the interesting bits?" He tapped his snout and pushed his golden plumed tricorn hat back up as it slipped down his face. "Let's see... the Barnabans hired a mercenary to hunt for them, highly unusual apparently. Same with the Academy sending representatives; they apparently never show up. Some guy named Assadi possibly used to work for a criminal cartel. And do you know what a 'vorskr' is? Because apparently someone has a kennel of rabid ones. I'd get inoculated, but why bother? I'm going to get bit and infected by something else anyway." Kelko remembers the last time he got a shot for the pallerian flu, and then promptly came down with the brazonite shakes.

Remove ads