• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Star Wars Iconic Characters and the Lords of the Expanse: Hunting Grounds (cont.)

Arani Korden

First Post
"Thanks, both of you. I just feel like I've spent a lot of time giving orders lately. I'm not used to it."

Looking at the game, Arani adds,

"I'm not too sure. Kelko's face can be pretty hard to read sometimes."

Sia-Lan Wezz

First Post
Arani Korden said:
"Thanks, both of you. I just feel like I've spent a lot of time giving orders lately. I'm not used to it."

"Not used to it?" Sia-Lan giggled uncontrollably, almost falling right out of her chair. "Oh, Arani! Besides, the only one you've been ordering around is Vor'en but I think he likes getting ordered around." The Jedi Padawan gave her friend a mischievious wink. "Especially by women."

Kelko

First Post
Pbartender said:
OOC: Man, sometimes I hate the holidays.

Up in the game room...

Essee serves up drinks all around, and signals down to the kitchen for Sia-Lan's order.

Meanwhile, kelko joins in the game. He plays a good first hand, winning by a slim margin and gaining a handful of credits. "Beginners' Luck," the Baron explains.

Kelko slightly inclines his neck, saying nothing but indicating with a gesture that he'd be amenable to a rematch. Sure, it probably was Beginner's Luck, as he hardly ever got a chance to play Trin sticks otherwise, but it was all in the spirit of fun, wasn't it?

"So Baron, you come to the hunts often?" the rodian asks conversationally, as he studies his next hand.

Arani Korden

First Post
Sia-Lan Wezz said:
"Not used to it?" Sia-Lan giggled uncontrollably, almost falling right out of her chair. "Oh, Arani! Besides, the only one you've been ordering around is Vor'en but I think he likes getting ordered around." The Jedi Padawan gave her friend a mischievious wink. "Especially by women."

"Funny you should mention that."

Arani swivels in her seat to face Sia-Lan.

"Just what are your intentions towards Vor'en, anyway?"

Yay! First time I've been able to access the boards all week!

Sia-Lan Wezz

First Post
Arani Korden said:
"Funny you should mention that."
Arani swivels in her seat to face Sia-Lan.
"Just what are your intentions towards Vor'en, anyway?"

"Intentions? I have lots of 'em!" Sia-Lan grinned with all innocence in that effervescent way that many have found rather endearing. But those who knew her, knew to be very very afraid. "First one is to remove that big gaffi stick he's got wedged up there."

"What are your intentions?"

Pbartender

First Post
Kelko said:
"So Baron, you come to the hunts often?" the rodian asks conversationally, as he studies his next hand.

"Oh yes, every chance I get," the Baron remarks cheerfully. "Never seem to catch anything, but it is such a wonderful chance to get out and hob-nob and gossip with the sector fuddy-duddies, you know." The next round passes quickly with Kelko winning by a substantially larger margin.

"I say," the Barren exclaims, "you do seem to be getting the hang of this game, don't you."

Sia-Lan's food arrives at the precise same time as Vor'en walks in the door.

Arani Korden

First Post
Sia-Lan Wezz said:
"What are your intentions?"

"On a personal level, I have none. I'm taken, remember? But I respect Vor'en. I like Vor'en. I even sort of understand Vor'en. And if you want to get him to loosen up, you need to change your approach. Right now all you're doing is making him more uptight.

Men like him are easy to deal with once you know the secret, Sia. The thing you have to know about Vor'en is . . ."

Arani glances at the door to the lounge.

". . . That he just walked in the door."

She waves at the soldier, and softly adds to Sia-Lan, "Later."

Last edited:

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Vor'en enters, and gives the place his usual tactically-minded scan. Exits, entrances, lines of fire. It takes him a moment before he reaches the occupants, giving the lot of them a once-over. Seeing that no-one seems to pose much of a threat besides his associates, he heads over to the trio by the bar. He stands at parade rest in front of Ariani, giving her a nod. "Ma'am." Another nod to Roworr. And one last reluctant one to Sia. He points. "If I am required, I will be stationed there." And with that, assuming no one wishes to stop him, he'll find a place that offers him a good view of the entirity of the room, is near cover, and is relatively unobtrusive (in that order). He'll make a show of constantly scanning the room for threats, but mostly he takes advantage of the soldier's ability to empty his mind while on patrol (and perhaps the soldier's ability to catnap whenever the opportunity presents itself).

Pbartender

First Post
Vor'en Kurn said:
And with that, assuming no one wishes to stop him, he'll find a place that offers him a good view of the entirity of the room, is near cover, and is relatively unobtrusive (in that order).

Vor'en sidles up to the bar.

Vor'en Kurn said:
He'll make a show of constantly scanning the room for threats, but mostly he takes advantage of the soldier's ability to empty his mind while on patrol (and perhaps the soldier's ability to catnap whenever the opportunity presents itself).

The droid behind the bar hands him a drink.

Kelko

First Post
Pbartender said:
"Oh yes, every chance I get," the Baron remarks cheerfully. "Never seem to catch anything, but it is such a wonderful chance to get out and hob-nob and gossip with the sector fuddy-duddies, you know." The next round passes quickly with Kelko winning by a substantially larger margin.

"I say," the Barren exclaims, "you do seem to be getting the hang of this game, don't you."

Kelko shrugs nonchalantly. Knowing he'd lose it all in the end anyway kept his spirits from rising too high. "Suppose so," he offers casually. "So you come to the hunts to hob-nob and gossip, huh? Hear anything interesting?"

Remove ads