• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Star Wars Iconic Characters and the Lords of the Expanse: Hunting Grounds (cont.)

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
"Are you going to stay here, then?" asks Vor'en expectantly. He's supposed to protect Ariani- but if she's not going anywhere, then the shooting range isn't really that far. Assuming Arani answers yes, one could blink and miss Vor'en's exit. He's off to waste some power packs on a nobleman's budget....

Arani Korden

First Post
Vor'en Kurn said:
"Are you going to stay here, then?" asks Vor'en expectantly. He's supposed to protect Ariani- but if she's not going anywhere, then the shooting range isn't really that far. Assuming Arani answers yes, one could blink and miss Vor'en's exit. He's off to waste some power packs on a nobleman's budget....

Arani ponders for a moment.

"No," she says. "I would like you to accompany me to the shooting range, Vor'en. I'd like to see what my Aunt is paying for."

And with that, she'll go with Vor'en and watch him shoot.

ooc: Sense Motive can be a beautiful thing, sometimes.

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Arani Korden said:
Arani ponders for a moment.

"No," she says. "I would like you to accompany me to the shooting range, Vor'en. I'd like to see what my Aunt is paying for."

And with that, she'll go with Vor'en and watch him shoot.

Vor'en, quite surprised but too eager to delay, double-times his way to the shooting range with a grin on his face that no one can see. Upon his arrival, he inspects the setup, salutes Ariani with stiff military precision, and starts on a program of medium difficulty and cycles his way up until he meets his match. For difficult shots he aims and squeezes carefully at each one, but he expects that most of the time the shooting will be easy enough to spray fire at his full, impressive rate. His employer is watching, and he doesn't mind showing off.

ooc: Vor'en can attack once at +7, twice at +5/+5, or three times with +3/+3/+3. He'll combine these to best cinimatic effect. :D

ooc: Sense Motive can be a beautiful thing, sometimes.

And a very good idea. :)

Rorworr

First Post
Rorworr gratefully drops the bags on the floor on arriving in the apartment.

"I'll let you two go shoot things. I doubt they'd appreciate me knocking holes in the walls with a bowcaster." He grins, and makes for the lift again.

"Any idea what floor the kitchen might be on? I'd like something to eat, and it'll be interesting to get to know the layout of this place a bit."

Arani Korden

First Post
Arani is Naboo by birth and a diplomat by training. Violence isn't her bag. Still, she can't help but be impressed by Vor'en's skill at the fine art of blasting things. The Naboo know art when they see it.

As entertaining as Vor'en is, she's also trying to keep an eye out for any other Vor-Cal attendees.

Kelko

First Post
Kelko arbitrarily claims a bed and then drops his bundled belongings on it to mark his territory. By the time he turns around, Arani and Vor'en are gone. "That's okay, I wasn't interested in the firing range anyway," he reasons. Turning to the wookiee, his snout contorts into a Rodian smirk. "Always thinking of your stomach, huh Rorworr? Well, let's go, I'm sure it's on the way to the game room."

The Rodian waits for Rorworr's acquiescence and congratulates himself for being so subtle.

Pbartender

First Post
Vor'en Kurn said:
Vor'en, quite surprised but too eager to delay, double-times his way to the shooting range with a grin on his face that no one can see. Upon his arrival, he inspects the setup, salutes Ariani with stiff military precision, and starts on a program of medium difficulty and cycles his way up until he meets his match. For difficult shots he aims and squeezes carefully at each one, but he expects that most of the time the shooting will be easy enough to spray fire at his full, impressive rate. His employer is watching, and he doesn't mind showing off.

The firing range is a large spherically domed room. At the center of the rooms is a circular railing that encloses the firing area. Within the railing stand several low racks of blasters of every size and shape. A short console enables the shooters to enter in the practice programs.

Vor'en begins with a series of simple target prgrams... Faintly glowing spheres of various sizes, speeds and colors float around the dome, waiting for him to them. He runs through an entire blaster pack, hitting almost every target on the first try, but always by the second shot. As the preliminary program runs down, the door to the target range opens and the protective force field deactivates once the program ends.

A barrel-chested fellow in an insignialess military cut uniform steps into the room with a pair of ASP series droids following closely behind. By his short, dark hair, his pencil-thin mustache, and his brusque demeanor, Arani recognizes him from the dossiers as Saeed Assad, the Barnaban envoy.

Last edited:

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Pbartender said:
As the preliminary program runs down, the door to the target range opens and the protect force field deactivates once the program ends.

A barrel-chested fellow in an insignialess military cut uniform steps into the room with a pair of ASP series droids following closely behind. By his short, dark hair, his pencil-thin mustache, and his brusque demeanor, Arani recognizes him from the dossiers as Saeed Assad, the Barnaban envoy.

Vor'en watches silently, his blaster rifle hanging loosely at his side, sizing the man up. He seemed like a warrior- and thus, to Vor'en, a kindred spirit. The fact that they had both, somehow, ended up amongst a bunch of dandies only reinforced Vor'en's affinity for the man. He compromises between a salute, which would indicate his subservience to the other man, and a slouch, which might be considered insulting, by standing straight, his blaster rifle crossed over his blast vest, and giving him a slight nod. Ariani, as usual, could do the talking.

Arani Korden

First Post
Arani hops to her feet, and absent-mindedly runs a hand through her hair.

"Good morning! I'm Arani Korden, the representative of House Cadriaan. And this is my protector, Vor'en Kurn."

She looks around the room.

"I see we both had the same idea., but there seems to be room here for two sets of shooters.

Rorworr

First Post
"Sure, it'll be good to have some company." Rorworr grins at Kelko. Heading back into the lift, he stabs a button at random, and waits to see what the result is.

"Well, we've got to start the search somewhere..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads