The Upcoming Adventures thread

Velmont

First Post
Sadly, nope. Personally, I keep all in a sblock, something like that under... by the way, that status is not for the present combat.

[SBLOCK=Status]Map Updated

Arbalest[B13]: 43/43, Doubleshot Expended
Arabalest[F13]: 43/43, Doubleshot Disabled
Stonefist Defenders[F12]: 38/38
Stonefist Defenders[H12]: 38/38
Clay Scout[G6]: 31/31
Iron Cobra[D6]: 75/75

Arkavras 27/46 [7]
Gogmorthak 64/68 [10], 1AP
Gruff 36/55 [9], 1AP, Ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
Narvala 38/42 [4], 1AP
Radtash 39/39 [6], 1AP
Sweetness 39/45 [7], 1AP[/SBLOCK]

The advantage with all that, I don't even need my own computer to make an update, all is in my thread, on virtualbattlemat and I make sure to have what I need in the D&D compendium and in my gmail mailbox.

Velmont

First Post
Token: I take image from the character builder and from Google and I edit them with Paint to resize them (around 60x60 pixels) and save them in jpg.

Map: From D&D Material and from The Cartographer Guild Forum. Also there, some Paint Edition might be needed.

Once the map are uploaded, you can move the token as you please and easily.

covaithe

Explorer
I have to say, I dearly wish virtual battlemat would let you associate a name with a token, either to show all the time or even just when you hover on it. I have real trouble following combats on VBM because there are no names.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
That's pretty cool. But where do you get the backgrounds and tokens and things?

I pride myself as being the very first to use VBM on ENworld and I have therefore developped a particular expertise in building maps to be used in this format. But we must not spread it around too widely or it could be abused by irresponsible DMs.

[sblock=The secret]I rip them off from Dungeon Magazine![/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
I got frustrated using it, when I first tried, because as far as I could tell, you cannot resize the map, or a token after its updated. Which means you need to keep resizing your image and re-uploading it till things work.

I'm compelled to give it another shot though.

Velmont

First Post
I have foreseen it, and I make sure all my token have the seam size by resizing them, and I also make sure the map have a similar size per square. I use around 60x60 pixel.

Remove ads