Time to vote for BG3 for the Game Awards, which is in December

I voted though not for BG3 in every category it appeared - for example, Phantom Liberty had a better narrative better told than BG3, imho. BG3's narrative is slightly messy and confused and lacks much in the way of themes or depth (it has motifs but they're not the same thing). Still a lot of votes for BG3 simply because it's the best game in several of the categories and Neil Newbon definitely gave an outstanding performance as Astarion.

Reynard

Legend
No way. BG3 was great, but Phantom Liberty had a better story and Tears of the Kingdom was a gameplay masterpiece.

There is no major nerd credit attached to BG3 winning these awards that we therefore need to band together to rig the vote.
Rig? Maybe people actually think BG3 was the GotY.

Reynard

Legend
Bandwagon, rig, potato potato. We don’t need a call to arms to ensure that BG3 wins—in my opinion, that’s silly. Arguing over word choice written predawn is silly too.
No, rig has a very specific (negative) connotation. But then so does "bandwagon."

Let me put it this way: there is nothing wrong with voting for something you think deserves to win, no matter why you think it deserves to win. Nor is there anything wrong with putting the word out so that others vote for it.

Phantom Liberty is on there. Go vote for that instead of intimating that BG3 voters are somehow cheating.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Huh. Nice to have Valve and Sony on the advisory board. Pretty sure I've played zero of the nominees, though. But democracy doesn't care...
Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

Remove ads