Time to vote for BG3 for the Game Awards, which is in December

Reynard

Legend
Well that’s not true, is it? Give me enough money and/or reach and I could get anything voted the way I want it. Or at least drastically influence it.
That's the nature of voting. It's driven by people wanting to influence the outcome. That's not artificial. It's only artificial if not-people are voting, or people are voting more than once. It's not engineering an artificial outcome to try and raise awareness among my friends to get them to vote against some bad local policy change, is it?

out of the GOTY choices, I played RE4 for other categories i'd vote for Phantom Liberty or Starfield. I'd also have voted for one other game but it didn't get any nominations at all due in part to non-gaming related issues and that this year was stacked with great games all around.

Horwath

Legend
I don't mind action RPGs like Diablo, but I much prefer turn based combat in RPGs. What i can't stand is Real Time With Pause. Unplayable.
To each it's own I guess, to me TB RPG combat is borefest of waiting 20 turns to do something with your character.

maybe I will try that ×11 speed mod for BG3 combat...

To each it's own I guess, to me TB RPG combat is borefest of waiting 20 turns to do something with your character.

maybe I will try that ×11 speed mod for BG3 combat...
Get over it. It's 2023, where we can finally admit that real time with pause is just bad.

Even Owlcat, who made the Pathfinder games, has come to acknowledge that. Their next game, Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, will be entirely turn-based.

Horwath

Legend
Get over it. It's 2023, where we can finally admit that real time with pause is just bad.

Even Owlcat, who made the Pathfinder games, has come to acknowledge that. Their next game, Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, will be entirely turn-based.
they can make the game work in both modes, but everyone knows that TB is easier to code.

they can make the game work in both modes, but everyone knows that TB is easier to code.
And that TB is superior. And that RTwP is pointless because in battles where you actually have to put in the effort to win, you pause so much it might as well have just been TB from the start. RTwP is only "real time" in low-effort filler battles that only kill a game's pacing. (Which REALLY hurt Wrath of the Righteous in particular.)

Horwath

Legend
And that TB is superior. And that RTwP is pointless because in battles where you actually have to put in the effort to win, you pause so much it might as well have just been TB from the start. RTwP is only "real time" in low-effort filler battles that only kill a game's pacing. (Which REALLY hurt Wrath of the Righteous in particular.)
yes, and no.

True, pausing might feel like TB, but you still have ALL actions play out at the same time, or with a small delay.
If you have 12 characters in a battle total, action time will be 1/12th of the TB, plus added time for giving orders, which is more or less the same in both modes.

also, depending how good you are with your "micro" skills, you need less pause to play.

Remove ads