Top ten Non-US tv shows

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Of course, it doesn’t represent us even vaguely.
yep that whole middle class rural utopia is entirely fantasy, which is why Bake Off and Antiques Roadshow work so well.

I've watched Black Adder too, still funny. Seasons 1 and 2 are classis of the genre, 3 is good but I didnt find 4 as amusing

Bagpuss

Legend
I think there are some really good series that only got one season in the UK (which is usually six or so episodes). Some you might be able to find streaming, I'm listing ones that are good inspiration for RPGs. Some examples

Ultraviolet (1998) - Cop discovered a government backed vampire hunting unit after his partner goes missing, starring Jack Davenport and Idris Elba.

Apparitions (2008) - Father Jacob a priest that vets miracles to see if people are suitable for sainthood, gets involved in an exorcism and a battle between good and evil.

In The Flesh (got two seasons! 2013/14) - Flows a recovered zombie, trying to adjust to life after the apocalypse and the discovery of a cure.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
yep that whole middle class rural utopia is entirely fantasy, which is why Bake Off and Antiques Roadshow work so well.
“Middle class” is a vastly broader spectrum than that. Not that that term has meant anything in decades. I’d say I’m middle class, but I’ve never baked anything in a tent. It’s a very nostalgic version of like the 1930s projected into modern day as “British”. It’s like us watching The Unrouchables.

nerfherder

Explorer
I think there are some really good series that only got one season in the UK (which is usually six or so episodes). Some you might be able to find streaming, I'm listing ones that are good inspiration for RPGs. Some examples

Ultraviolet (1998) - Cop discovered a government backed vampire hunting unit after his partner goes missing, starring Jack Davenport and Idris Elba.

Apparitions (2008) - Father Jacob a priest that vets miracles to see if people are suitable for sainthood, gets involved in an exorcism and a battle between good and evil.

In The Flesh (got two seasons! 2013/14) - Flows a recovered zombie, trying to adjust to life after the apocalypse and the discovery of a cure.
Ultraviolet was great. I think I've got the DVD.

Clint_L

Hero
BIG ups for Derry Girls!

Schitt's Creek (Canada)
Fleabag
Red Dwarf
Trailer Park Boys
The Office
Peaky Blinders
Monty Python's Flying Circus
SCTV
Broadchurch