Upcoming Adventure Review

MerryMortician

Explorer
So I'm considering whether to try my hand at PbP DMing in the next few months (primary question being whether I have the time). Is there demand for a certain level range? I have far more experience with low to lower-middle ranges so it would take a great deal more preparation and commitment for me to run a higher level adventure.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
GE: That would be me on two of the characters from "From Whence None Return": Vincenzo and Maui. Ethane and Barlo are new characters that have been waiting in the DWI.

Scott: I don't think I have much say-so over the rules on how much shopping time you have--it happens very mechanistically. If the game is to begin promptly, then there just isn't much commission time. You can roll chances at things at the DWI, or use DMC to rush things along. I will reserve final word on that until a check off on the judge for our adventure (GE), but I think it's the way things go.

PS: Unless you very specifically want the image of wearing chainmail armor, buy a breastplate instead. The 50gp difference is well worth the 1 ACP improvement.

Scott, since everyone seems to be ready to start the new adventure within the next day or so, you won't have much time to commission. That means you'll have to rely on rolls and if you miss the first roll you might need to roll for similar items. Aura's suggestion to go for a breastplate is a good one. Agile breastplate is marginally better. That's three options for armor for you right there and if you don't get it commission something anyway so that you have a better suit of armor waiting for you after the adventure.

Yeah, I saw the Agile breast plate minutes before I was to leave on Sunday and I am just now getting caught up on en world today. It is looking really tempting. It would need to be of mithral due to the need for the armor to be "Light" for his archetype.

GlassEye

Adventurer
So I'm considering whether to try my hand at PbP DMing in the next few months (primary question being whether I have the time). Is there demand for a certain level range? I have far more experience with low to lower-middle ranges so it would take a great deal more preparation and commitment for me to run a higher level adventure.

I would suggest, if you are interested in DMing some pbp, that you definitely start with what you are comfortable with. Low level adventures are needed with some regularity. Start there and see how things go.

Aura

Explorer
So I'm considering whether to try my hand at PbP DMing.... Is there demand for a certain level range?

Firstly, I'd like to heartily encourage you to do so. It helps build community, and we'll even reward you with candy. Well, you get something called DMC, anyway, which lets you add gold/xp to characters or rush magic item construction. It's like candy.

This said, the most notable opening right now seems to be low level (1-2). Currently we have a potential group with Trixie, Erin, Kepli, and Barnabus, plus any new player we might get between now and game launch. As much as I love low level games, I am currently running two games (I have one launching tonight, as it happens), so a new low level DM would certainly be appreciated.

A good starting point is "PMiller's DM Workshop Series" (which really has good things for players in it too, but I digress). Anything else, just let us know.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
You know the ROUS game? it being on the 3rd run? well I started it with the first and Aura ran with it for the next two!

I say that to give a seed of food for thought, if needed.

MerryMortician

Explorer
Thank you all for the feedback. There would certainly be some time between now and submission but I'm very slowly beginning to orient myself with facets of running a story here. I'll have to teach myself to use ditzie (which I hear is simpler than it looks), figure out the submission guidelines, etc.

Between IC posts--actually since some weeks before I even registered--I've been devouring completed adventures. I must say, I'm quite impressed with the community here and the quality of storytelling by the judges and other DMs. I've just bumped the ROUS series to the top of my reading list and will think about using those games for inspiration, if not a true springboard. I had a story concept come to mind this morning so I'm tabling that until I've done more homework.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I know I was the one that first advocated Ditzie, but since I learned Google Pics keeps a history of the file you can rollback to, I am now favoring it instead. It is easier to use and add pictures than Ditzie. The link url also doesn't change (which means your GM update always has the correct and updated link).

RPTools's Token Tool is still the best though.

Aura

Explorer
I mostly use ditzie out of habit (and a bit of recognition of the effort I put into making it work for me). There very well could be better out there.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Where are we sitting on the arrival of the rest of the players for Children of the Mud? I think I have half the party in the Inn right now, waiting for the other half.

Aura

Explorer
SS21,

Looks like your group for Children in the Mud is slotted to be:
Larissa(MFloyd)
Lem(DT)
Menik(Kenim)
Weylyn?(Mowgli)

I'm relatively sure Larissa, Lem and Menik are good to go. Have to check on Mowgli--Weylyn was in process last I heard.

Remove ads