Upcoming Adventure Review

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I took a look at seeing if I can resume From Whence None Return, and I just don’t have enough information. I don't have the time/desire to make it all up either. I am sure Systole figured it out preparing the Boss battle and maybe has a map already. Since the group answered the riddle, it could simply end with a summary so players can start the new adventures. Perhaps the players themselves can wrap it up with some cooperative fiction if they desired.

I think [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] is in a better position to total up the final numbers with the available bookkeeping from SK and the encounters since then.

Systole

First Post
I'm really sorry I've been perpetually absent lately. What started as an unofficial but involuntary promotion turned into an official but involuntary promotion, and I haven't been able to keep up with gaming. I keep telling myself I'll have time tomorrow or the day after ... but obviously that hasn't been happening. I'll try to update both games I'm running soon, but it's probably better for someone to step in for me sooner rather than later.

Again, I'm really sorry about this, especially to the From Whence None Return guys, since they've gotten screwed over twice now.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Real life happens, Systole. I'll take a look at Blessed are the Cheesemakers and see what I can do on that one. It may be awhile - I'm moving slowly across the board right now.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I've officially ended From Whence None Return. Those characters are now free to pursue other adventures. Was it Sunshadow's adventure for them? I can't remember.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Aura, If I recall correctly, You have an adventure for us. I would like to know how long we have as the rule for upgrading is potentially important here.

Ref: for every 1000 gp of item cost, it takes 1 day game time
for every 1 day of game time 3 days of real time needs to pass.

What do I have planned? I am gland you asked that.

+3 mithral chain mail
4000 [mith]+9000 [+3] +150 [base] = 13,150 [13 gam, 39 real] I wound need to hope to find this at the pearl
+3 ivory handled keen rapier
32,xxx gp [alt.: adamentine +3000] I wound need to hope to find this at the pearl

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
GE: That would be me on two of the characters from "From Whence None Return": Vincenzo and Maui. Ethane and Barlo are new characters that have been waiting in the DWI.

Scott: I don't think I have much say-so over the rules on how much shopping time you have--it happens very mechanistically. If the game is to begin promptly, then there just isn't much commission time. You can roll chances at things at the DWI, or use DMC to rush things along. I will reserve final word on that until a check off on the judge for our adventure (GE), but I think it's the way things go.

PS: Unless you very specifically want the image of wearing chainmail armor, buy a breastplate instead. The 50gp difference is well worth the 1 ACP improvement.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Scott, since everyone seems to be ready to start the new adventure within the next day or so, you won't have much time to commission. That means you'll have to rely on rolls and if you miss the first roll you might need to roll for similar items. Aura's suggestion to go for a breastplate is a good one. Agile breastplate is marginally better. That's three options for armor for you right there and if you don't get it commission something anyway so that you have a better suit of armor waiting for you after the adventure.

Remove ads