W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Solange

First Post
OOC: We'll do what we can. Things seem to slow on the weekend, and we're supposed to finish in 2 weeks or so. If we pause for everyone who has a few days off, we'll never finish.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar watches the people pass by on the street distractedly. Cocking his head from side to side as if listening, he eventually resumes listening to his teammates plan their next move. "I... shall do what I can to ...assist." Saithnar assures the party.

OOC: Geez! You guys post all day long! Too bad I have to wait till night to get on and see how many new pages you all have written. :D It's a good thing that my character is already distracted and not too talkative, otherwise I'd be missing out! ;)

Wik

First Post
OOC: Yeah, this game might take a bit longer than two weeks, now. But then, we *have* been covering a lot of ground, so I dunno. As for handling Tommy - someone else can play him, if you'd like, or I can cover him. I think I know his general combat M.O., - cast Sleep and shoot?

The group finds a nearby tavern that seems suitable enough for their purposes - the place has no name, instead being identified by a single ship's helmswheel from which hangs several painted clay tankards. In the middle of the wheel are the words "BAR" written in common, dwarven, and gnome. The building itself is fairly shabby-looking, with a roof of clay tiles that is covered in various mosses and lichens.

Stepping into the nameless tavern, you see that the room is lit by kerosene lamps that cast the entire hall in a flickering glow. The room has a reek of spirits, oil, and the pungent smell of tobacco, which blankets every corner of the hall.

A tavernkeeper sits in front of a wall of bottles, busily pouring drinks into grimy mugs. An equally-rushed barmaid flits from table to table, sharing a quick laugh with her patrons before hurrying back to the bar to refill drinks. Her calls for drinks can barely be heard over the roar of the crowd.

At one of the tables, seven humans wearing striped shirts seem to be involved in a singing competition of sorts. After each round of their song, they toss their mugs back and laugh hoarsely. At another table, four men who have the reek of seasalt and the docks upon them busily throw dice and grimace or grin as silver coins exchange hands. A pair of men wearing navy blue suits throw daggers at a dartboard on the wall. Three ladies of the night lean against one wall, doing their best to appear alluring. One of them is trying to push off a stumbling sailor who appears to be out of money.

No one seems to notice the arrival of you.

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld shrinks back into the centre of the group, finding the noise and reek unpleasant. After a moment to brace himself, he says "I daresay each of those wanton women will have...um... encountered the Blacklilies. They will want coin for information, but it would not be thought unusual if one of them were to leave this tavern in the company of... er... whoever volunteers for the duty."

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

OOC: Excellent! Just the kind of place we were looking for. Cludge will put on his best intimidating face and try to put out a "leave me alone -- or else" vibe. He will come in a little before his comrades and not acknowledge them.

Cludge stomps into the bar and scowls, peering around for a seat alone. Finding one at the bar, he slumps into the chair and glares. He succeeds in looking like a dork rather than menacing.
[sblock=Intimidate check]Intimidate check (1d20+4=7) [/sblock]
Wotcher got in tha way o' whisky? he growls at the barkeep. He looks around furtively to see if he can spot anything of interest.
[sblock=Spot check]Spot check (1d20-1=16) [/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"All right, then" says Conuld to himself, seeing Cludge get right down to business. He walks over to the blue clad men playing their dagger throwing game. "Aareet, cobbers?" he says, "Biscuits a shufty o' yer cloddin' game?" It appears this is his idea of the way the clientele of this tavern would speak and he is trying to blend in.
[sblock=Draconic] No, doesn't help [/sblock][sblock=Abyssal] Gibberish [/sblock][sblock=Elven] Don't be ridiculous [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Trouvere said:
Conuld shoots Tommy a half-embarrassed, half-amused glance.

OOC - I meant the three of us who happen to be casters got a spell refresh. Pendrake got a cookie. No doubt you guys will refresh too. And a cookie for Cludge.
Wik - are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?

OOC: (crunch, munch, crunch, crunch,...good cookie!) sorry for the lack of posting...had an out of town job to do and got home sunburnt, exhausted and just plaing tired.

IC: "Not sure where goot aal huis ist. just arrifed in town." he looks to the shepherd and nods at the idea of being 'security and pats his sword at his hip.

"Small groups arrive seperate ist goot idea. not goot at diplomatieke realations so best if mein trap shut und eyes open i keep.mention of das bruder you did, ist stranch that leader of gang is frau, und frau shot crossbow at Cassus, ja?"

after a moment of musing he contunes, "vanon vas up stairs at time of theft, but not proof uf niet schuldig, er, not guilty"

he traves to the "ship's wheel" bar with his designated group and steps in."Ah, geuren zoals huis! bring goot memory it does"

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy squares his narrow shoulders, stands, and carefully avoids Solange's gaze as he marches straight towards the trio of scandalously clad ladies. He is already blushing.

"H-hello, ladies," he stammers. "I t-trust the e-evening finds you in g-good health?" He blinks, and blushes deeper. "Er, not that I mean t-t-to imply that, um... that is... what I mean to say is, my name is To..., er, Jimmy. Yes, Jimmy."

Solange

First Post
Solange stops outside the bar for a moment and steps away from the window. She musses her hair a bit, uses some dirt from the road to dirty her clothes, face and hair just a little bit, and loosens her tunic a bit to drop the top down just a bit.

OOC: Solange's disguise check. (1d20+1=6)

Looking thoroughly mussed up, like she's been in a tumble, or maybe ruffed up a bit, Solange wanders into the bar, leaning a bit more on her crook. She saunters her way painfully to the bar and has a seat gingerly.

"Can a girl git somethin' ta drink ta kill tha pain over 'ere?"

OOC: Not sure if I need this, but... Solange's bluff check. (1d20+1=19)

OOC: Idealy, she looks like a girl who's been roughed up or mugged.

Wik

First Post
AGFlynn said:
OOC: Excellent! Just the kind of place we were looking for. Cludge will put on his best intimidating face and try to put out a "leave me alone -- or else" vibe. He will come in a little before his comrades and not acknowledge them.

Cludge stomps into the bar and scowls, peering around for a seat alone. Finding one at the bar, he slumps into the chair and glares. He succeeds in looking like a dork rather than menacing.
[sblock=Intimidate check]Intimidate check (1d20+4=7) [/sblock]
Wotcher got in tha way o' whisky? he growls at the barkeep. He looks around furtively to see if he can spot anything of interest.
[sblock=Spot check]Spot check (1d20-1=16) [/sblock]

The bartender takes one look at the dwarf, chuckles a little bit, and then says "Whisky? Sure, we have some whisky. I use it to clean the windows over there" he waves his hand vaguely towards the grimy windows that let in about as much light as the walls. Shrugging, he pours a brackish concoction into a clay tankard and slides it over to the dwarf. "Careful with that face, there, son... it could freeze that way.

Cludge keeps his eyes open, though, and notices that when the rather plain-looking barmaid stops by to refuel, that she just gives the bartender a quick glance. Cludge, who has been to his fair share of taverns, wonders why she wouldn't tell the bartender what drinks she needs refilled. Instead, the bartender fills up two mugs of ale without taking any money (on a tab?) and hands them over to her. The mugs are quickly handed off to the two men throwing dagger.

Conuld, strutting over to the dagger-throwers, nearly collides with the serving woman on her way to return their drinks. After doing his best to imitate street cant, they give him a cold gaze and return to throwing knives.

"Anyways," the first one grumbles, "he got right ticked off. Demanded that she start seeing things his way."
"I tell you, he's not a smart one, for all he says he is."
"Yeah, right. Well, she just looked at him and said 'Prove it's worth it.' "
"..and?"
"And what?"
"Has he?"
The first man shrugs. "Beats me." Turning, he looks at Conuld. "Get lost. We're trying to drink in peace."

Tommy approaches the women of the street. After stammering out a few sentences, they share a smile. The three women - ostensably a blonde, a redhead, and brunette, although women have been known to toy with nature when it comes to these things - share a smile.
"Hey, Liu, we have another Jimmy" red says to blonde.
"What is that, the third in a week?" blonde asks.
"Fourth, I think." Brunette says, pushing the broke sailor away.
"So, what is it, hon?" Red asks. "two silver will get you Halina's hand, five will get you her smile, and ten will get you..." she chuckles. "Well, it'll get you." The other two women break into laughter.

Pendrake assumes a guard position where he can keep much of the group within sight. Within minutes, the barmaid approaches with a foamy mug of mead. "Daen, the keeper of this place, has told me to give you this, on the house - provided you don't cause any trouble." she looks at the longsword in his possession knowingly.

Solange grabs her seat, fairly close to Cludge. The bartender takes one look at her and grumbles "Miss, the docks can be trouble at night, and they get worse. Get out of her before those carolers get ugly." he cocks his head towards the singing sailors. "And, trust me, they will. An unaccompanied lady should not be on the docks. If you want a drink, head south a few blocks... you'll be safer there."

Last edited:

Remove ads