W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Solange

First Post
Wik said:
Solange grabs her seat, fairly close to Cludge. The bartender takes one look at her and grumbles "Miss, the docks can be trouble at night, and they get worse. Get out of her before those carolers get ugly." he cocks his head towards the singing sailors. "And, trust me, they will. An unaccompanied lady should not be on the docks. If you want a drink, head south a few blocks... you'll be safer there."
"Well, ye're a bit late with that," Solange says, exaserbated. "'ready been roughed up once tonight. Fella with a black scarf, an I barely managed ta git away. Seems safe 'n here with more people."

Trouvere

Explorer
"My apologies " says Conuld, dropping his ludicrous attempt to blend in, and turning to begin walking away. "But would you allow me to participate in your game... perhaps for stakes of a copper a throw?"

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy glances longingly towards the safety of the table, but doesn't quite bolt for it. "Er, yes, well, um, I was hoping you might help me with a different problem, actually. The other day I was having a drink with a couple of fellows I met on the other end of Merchant street, when I ran out of money and couldn't pay for my round. Well, one of the fellows loaned me a few coins, and said that I could find him by asking around the docks. I don't know his name, but he wears a large pointed hat, and has an odd-looking gray scarf with something embroidered on it. Do you know where I might find anyone of that description?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Wik said:
Pendrake assumes a guard position where he can keep much of the group within sight. Within minutes, the barmaid approaches with a foamy mug of mead. "Daen, the keeper of this place, has told me to give you this, on the house - provided you don't cause any trouble." she looks at the longsword in his possession knowingly.

Pendrake smiles at the barmaid as she brings the peace offering of a free drink. He takes a length of torn cloth from his garment and peace bonds the longsword in her plain view and smiles broadly at her.

"Ist peace bond honored by das barman?" he asks of her.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Cludge scowls at the barkeep and slides the mug in front of him. He sniffs at it warily and then his face brightens. Ah, that's the stuff! he says. He takes a large belt from the mug and belches appreciatively. He turns to Solange and knuckles his brow in salute. If it's alla same ta you miss, you kin take this seat here next ta me. I'll vouch for yer safety in the name o' Azwan. He shuffles his chair over to make room.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar hesitates for a minute, unsure what role he should play. In the end, he walks into the tavern as himself. Stopping inside the doors, he looks around without interest before closing his eyes to listen to the babble of mental voices. Wincing as the rush of voices nearly overwhelms him, he wished that he could sort out the chaos of the voices jumping around his mind. So, he ends up standing a little inside the doors, eyes closed, with his head cocked to one side trying to listen. "Hmmm..." he mutters as he considers what to do next.

Rathan

First Post
Rathan patted Cludge on the sholder as he stood next to him.... his eyes watching where his companions went off to in their seperate ventures within the confines of the tavern.... yet makeing a move to slide into an empty table by himself (if an empty table is visable) covering his mace as to not look like a threat.... and makes sure his healing gods symbol was clearly visable.... perhaps he could draw a few thugs to an easy looking target like himself.... he felt pretty safe doing so with 6 other allies roaming around the bar....

[sblock=spell changes as offered]
0th- Light, Create Water, Detect Magic
1st- Shield of Faith, Inflict Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds[Domain][/sblock]

Wik

First Post
The bartender scowls at Solange for a moment, and then thinks for a moment. He seems to accept her story, and then pours her a stiff drink. Sliging it over to her, he leans in and quietly whispers "You've been blacklilied, lady. And it'll happen twice in one night if you stay here. You and the dwarf should get going. Trust me."

Conuld's two new companions grin at his offer, and exchange sly looks between them. "A few coppers, eh?" one of them asks. "Howzabout three coppers, closest throw to the target gets the pot?"

Both of them point to a board of three coloured concentric circles that's been riddled with dagger marks, ten feet away. The speaker hands three daggers to Conuld, while sliding three copper pieces onto a ledge nearby that's being used to hold drinks.

OOC: If you want to throw, it's just a ranged attack roll against AC 10. You roll three times - once for each dagger. Points are scored by how close you get to the bullseye -

if you roll 10 or higher, you've hit the board, and score 1 point.
if you roll 13 or higher, you've hit the first concentric circle, and score 2 points.
If you roll 16 or higher, you've hit the second concentric circle, and score 3 points.
If you roll 20 or higher, you've hit a bullseye, and score 5 points.

Highest score wins.

The women exchange glances with each other, before blonde snorts. "Except for the lending part, that sounds like Riffer..." she muses. "He's been around. He don't usually come this far south on the docks, though... unless it's dark." Blonde is about to give Tommy some directions when she is interrupted by Red, who has been watching Tommy keenly.
"Listen, Jimmy." she cuts in. "Riffer doesn't usually loan money to others, and the people he does loan money to don't go out of their way to return the favour, you know? What do you really want Riffer for? He owe you money? He take something from you?"

Rathan and Saithnar both stand out like sore thumbs, and watch the room around them uneasily. Unfortunately, both (along with Pendrake), are grabbed by the singing sailors and forced to grab seats at their table. One sailor, a massive man missing almost half his teeth, seems to almost be serenading Rathan, doing his best to get the priest to sing along.

"Seadog Pete had a mighty old fleet,
a mighty fine fleet had he,
Until one storm
he got washed ashore
now muddy old feet has he!"

he wheezes into Rathan's face, fully expecting one of the three new arrivals to take the next verse.

covaithe

Explorer
"Listen, Jimmy." she cuts in. "Riffer doesn't usually loan money to others, and the people he does loan money to don't go out of their way to return the favour, you know? What do you really want Riffer for? He owe you money? He take something from you?"
She's not buying it, Tommy. Better think fast... Kendrathalamion said that the truth is more deceptive than any lie; how can I use that? Anyway, better go with the "young and helpless" look. It always worked on the cooks at the Academy...
Tommy hunches his shoulders and tries to look vulnerable. He looks at Red with wide eyes. "I can't talk about it, ma'am. He'd not like it if I talked about it. But I really do need to find him. If I don't..." Tommy looks as if he's about to cry. "I just need to talk to him." bluff 1d20+1=18

[sblock=ooc]Probably my last post until the 20th, unless something happens in the next few hours. If this ploy doesn't work, Tommy find a table and look sad, and hope one of the others has better luck.

In combat, Tommy will behave much like any first level wizard would: mage armor, sleep if there's more than a couple of enemies, and shoot with the crossbow, from cover if possible.

Out of combat, Trouvere can speak for Tommy if he's willing, or Wik can, or he can just kind of tag along with the group.

See you guys in a week! Don't burn down the docks without me. :)
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld adds his 3 coppers to the pot. "All right," he says, "let's see what I can do." He hefts a dagger, feeling its weight. "That board looks a long way away, guys." He throws, just managing to hit the edge of the target. "Practice shot?" he asks. "No, I didn't think so." He tries again, with a similar result. "Oh well, it's not like I throw daggers for a living. I hope you two don't!" He looks over his last dagger. "This one isn't a bit bent, is it?" he asks. He throws, and is surprised when it sticks quivering just outside the bulls-eye. "Ha! Beginner's luck, perhaps. Well, that's better than a poor scholar could have hoped, but still not too good. 5 points for me."
[sblock=OOC] three throws 1d20+2 = 11, 10, 19, diplomacy check to 'befriend' these men 1d20=1 - awesome! Bar fight![/sblock]OOC - have a good trip, covaithe. I don't mind putting the occasional word in Tommy's mouth. We'll all do our best not to get him killed too quickly.

Last edited:

Remove ads