W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
If Pendrake gets a chance to do something he will act like the diplomacy check works on him and :

IC...the tall northerner stands up and yells, "Fur und drink? Ja!" and will chase after the running thief.

Wik

First Post
OOC: Yeah, add Message. We'll worry about it later.

After loosing his dagger, the first rogue is hit by Conuld's bolt, which buries itself in his chest. The rogue grasps at the shaft, trying to hold himself steady on the nearby table. The table collapses underneath his weight, and the rogue and several clag mugs fall to the wooden floor.

Solange intervenes between the door and the second thief, doing his best to escape. She cracks him over the head with her staff. Still moving forward, the now-unconscious rogue falls face first onto the floor, a trickle of blood coming out of his ear. However, his chest still rises and falls slowly - he fared slightly better than his companion.

Rathan's drinking companions get to their feet, most of them suddenly sobering up. The leader of the gang stares at the two bodies on the floor.

"We need to get out of here." he mutters to himself, and runs for the door. His crew quickly follows.

Looking around, it seems like all of the other bar patrons had the same idea. Currently, the only person in the bar besides the group of you is the bartender, who looks around nervously.

"That... that was probably a bad idea." he licks his lips. "A very bad idea."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Is... is he still alive?" Conuld asks of the man he shot. "He went for his dagger. You saw." He swears violently in several languages, and turns a bit green. "Rathan, Solange, can you do anything for him... them?" Mostly to keep his hands occupied, he reloads his crossbow, retrieves his gold piece stake, and goes looking for the various daggers. "I'm sorry," he says. "I handled that badly. I was trying to befriend them, to find out information, but they were ruffians, who would have parted me from my money pouch one way or another. I did not know how to get out of it." He thinks. "Pothoc levethix! Before we go into a crowded place again, someone remind me to cast the Message cantrip. I could have alerted one of you silently." Turning to the barman, he says "Do you know who these men are?"

OOC - did the two rogues contribute their 1 gp to the second round of the game? Unless Conuld overheard the barman talking with Cludge and Solange, which seems unlikely, he as yet does not know these men are Blacklilies.

Solange

First Post
Solange check leans down over the rogue and checks him to make sure he's not bleeding. She'll attempt to stabilize him if he is bleeding and in danger of dying. "This'n will be fine. Not sure 'bout that one," she says.

She tries to stabilize the other one as well.

OOC: Is one dead? Ouch. Solange's Heal Check to Stabilize (1d20+6=11), Solange's 2nd Attempt (1d20+6=18), Solange's Stabilizing the other rogue (1d20+6=22)

If the other Rogue is dead:
"May Zephos guide you," she says as she closes the man's eyes with her hand. She closes her own eyes and grasps a wooden symbol around her neck while she says a quick prayer for the man.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Ach! ist ofer before it start." declairs the the northlander. He then looks bout and sees the sailors had disappeared like the mist of fog in noon day sun. A puzzeled expression flashes over his face and then enlightenment.

"come little shepherd, ist not good for you to be here. we take you to safe place to go, ja?" he looks to all of his companioins at the last with hurry in his eyes.

Wik

First Post
[sblock=Trouvere]Yeah, they did contribute their GP. It's scattered over the floor - it was on the table the rogue knocked over. [/sblock]

Solange runs to the rogue that had been hit by the crossbows. A very light touch on the neck reveals that he has no pulse. As Solange quickly checks the body for signs of life, she comes across a blacklily scarf, tucked into the rogue's shirt.

The second rogue is a bit more lucky. He drifts back into consciousness at Solange's touch, muttering softly to himself "Damn, they stink..." before drifting away once more. Solange is able to stabilize him (zero hp).

Meanwhile, the bartender hurriedly skirts from table to table, swiping any stray coin that may have fallen to the floor. He doesn't even look at Conuld when he says "you, sir, just killed a Blacklily thief, and bonked another one over the head." He looks at Solange. "I'm sure your revenge feels good now, missus, but I think it bought you more trouble than it's worth. The blacklilies may not control the shadows of the harbour, but they're getting there. You just killed Fenton Nask... a right bastard, he is... and I'm sure Nask's friends are going to want to talk to you. You'd best be getting out of here... I know I am. "

Trouvere

Explorer
"A lot of people saw... what happened," says Conuld. "The Blacklilies, and the city guard, are going to hear about it soon enough." He flounders. "What should we do?"

OOC - what is the Orussian position on killing within city limits? Would Conuld and Tommy (he shot too!) be regarded as criminals by the authorities at this point?

Wik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I have a feeling that you might be in trouble, until you can prove that the rogues had intent to attack. And, since they are criminals themselves, you should be able to do that with a day or two of work.[/sblock]

Remove ads