• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Solange

First Post
"They attacked us first, the guards should know and take this one ta jail," Solange says. "But now we've got they're 'tension we'd betta be careful. But we still ain't much closser ta findin' tha necklace," she turns to the bartender, "'less ya know anythin' more 'bout the 'lillies that kin help."

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
"They attacked us first, the guards should know and take this one ta jail," Solange says.
"And me too, I expect," says Conuld, looking miserable, "at least until it can be shown that I acted in self-defence. Well, I had better get it over with." He goes to the tavern door, and looks out for a guard patrol.

OOC - lawful neutral! I can't see that Conuld would do anything other than this.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

OOC: Oops, looks like I missed a combat -- apologies.

Cludge looks up flabbergasted as his new mates finish off two rogues and clear the tavern. He looks wistfully at his now empty mug and hauls his wide frame from his stool. Well, friends, he says, That coulda gone better. Perhaps we oughta shake this here livin' un awake and ast him some questions before the coppers get here. He clumps over to the unconscious hood. Oi! You better wake up mate, yer in a bad way! he shouts. Any o' you got a bit o' healin' magic might bring him to? he says to his companions.

Trouvere

Explorer
AGFlynn said:
Well, friends, he says, That coulda gone better.
Conuld, peering out into the night, says distractedly to anyone who might listen "Could have gone a lot better. My fault. Or Fenton Nask's. Do not mistake me - I was always willing to fight to fulfil our commission. I knew that once we ran into Blacklilies, they would not offer us cakes and wine and chat politely. I can live with having killed this man who threatened my life, and surely has threatened others in the past. Perhaps he merited this end. If it had happened in a dark alley, I could walk away with conscience clear. But I would prefer not to have attacked him in a public place, surrounded by people who had nothing to do with it at all. Having done so, I will not lie about what happened to those who come to investigate."

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
The bartender looks at Solange. "Blacklilies? They're pirates without a ship, lady - hit on fat merchants coming into port late at night. lately, though, they've been throwing around a bit more money - cutting into burglary, too. They run a blackmarket of sorts a few streets down... Arch street, I believe. You walk down the street, and you fake dropping a coin. When you bend down to pick it up, you mutter something about the weather, and if there's someone nearby, they'll pick up the conversation."

He looks around awkwardly. "You might want to get out of here, too. I'm sure one of the 'ladies' has already ran to Riffer."

Rathan

First Post
OOC: gah... sorry guys.. it's been a peach of a week for me....

Rathan looks about at the rather gruesome display about him and shakes his head... " Nothing good can come of this... it appears someone is a good shot I can see the man is dead from here.." the priest utters as he looks a bit more worried than the rest... he was still very new here and this could only mean trouble... "I am a man of the cloth though if the athorities don't take my word on this.. my brethren of my faith shall hear about it... I've never lied before I don't intend to now.. I saw the man go for his dagger and you defended yourself Conuld... I just was not quick enough to find a less bloody path here.... I have your back with my words or mace Conuld.... I promise this." Rathan added as he made his way over to the rest and stood now quietly...

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld clasps Rathan's hand, moved. "Solange, who struck a blow here, though not a fatal one, and Pendrake, who did not fight at all, wish to leave before any guards arrive. Rathan and I would rather stay to apprise the guards of what has passed. What say the rest of you?"

Solange

First Post
"Oh, I'm fine fer stayin'," Solange says, "But 'least now we got a lead of where ta go ta find tha 'lillys. Wouldn't wanna waste too much time though"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
with a look of mischief in his eyes pendrake pipes up and says, "if ve are go, zen ve not hat to lie to garts, ja?"

he moves to the door and peers out into the darkness and then sticks his head back in. "i bet blacklilies spread silver on guards' palms. not stay in jail long and know who ve are. zeya re many und ve are not. zey are tricky, ve are not.

Remove ads