W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Solange

First Post
"Yes, let's head ta Market Avenue," Solange says with enthusiasm. She gets ready to step and pauses for a moment, "Um, which way is it?"

OOC: Should I color my speech?

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
"Yes, let's head ta Market Avenue," Solange says with enthusiasm. She gets ready to step and pauses for a moment, "Um, which way is it?"
OOC - considering we've managed to call it Market Avenue, Market Street and Merchant Avenue so far , we'll be lucky to get there at all!

covaithe

Explorer
Trouvere said:
OOC - considering we've managed to call it Market Avenue, Market Street and Merchant Avenue so far , we'll be lucky to get there at all!
OOC - haha, true. Wik, are we using the Orussus map that Rae Ardgaoth recently proposed? If so, "Merchant's Avenue" is not far to the west of the Red Dragon. If not, perhaps knowledge (local)? 1d20+5=12

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld stops just outside the Red Dragon and tries to orient himself. "Hmm.. that is a good question, Solange. Let me think."

OOC - assuming knowing where this street is should be everyday knowledge, then: untrained Knowledge (local) check 1d20+3=16

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC - just for clarity, Joe suggested we check out Market Avenue and the harbour district and Cassus said he lived in Merchant's Avenue. Are these definitely two different places? Also, Wik, roughly what time of day is it?

Wik

First Post
OOC: Yeah, I meant to say Merchant's Avenue. I'm just getting this mixed up with a Market Avenue in my home game. y'all will have to forgive me.

The party takes a little time trying to find the street, getting mixed up once or twice in some of the more tightly-packed alleyways of Orussus. Tommy, leading the way, directs the group down one "Shortcut" after another, until Conuld discreetly suggests a more direct path.

In the end, the group reaches Merchant Avenue while the sun dips in the sky. In perhaps an hour or so, it'll disappear below the horizon. The sun sets the cloudy sky on fire, which reflects back upon the stone streets and ceilings of merchant district, casting the entire street in a fiery glow. Sensing the urgency to sell before nightfall, many of the temporary vendors that fill the centre of the extra-wisde street have doubled their usual shouts of their premium wares. You can see the sage's guild in the distance, as a few gray-haired savants debate on the front steps over arguments both new and old.

a few children, the oldest no more than eleven, scatter through the crowds. Their poor-quality dress, miskept appearance and lack of shoes suggest them as orphans or beggars, and more than a few of the late browsers give the children a wide berth.

[sblock=OOC]You begin to start talking to various stall- and shop- owners. If I could get a Listen check and a Gather Information check from all of you (Scott, you can keep your earlier GI check)[/sblock]

[sblock=Solange]You can "colour" your speech all you want. Just make sure you use a different colour than everyone else. And no dark colours, please - I hate having to highlight someone's dialogue just so I can figger out what dey sayin, you know?[/sblock]

Remove ads