• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Wik

First Post
Riffer smiles slightly at Conuld's comment. "Unflappable? You have to be, in our line of work. We've seen.... things...." his eyes gaze off in the distance for a moment. "I won't try to run, you can be rest assured. I wouldn't single-handedly confront you people even if I had time to prepare. Although, if I had the chance, I think we could have taken you out in the Ship's Wheel." he says almost conversationally, as he is being bound.

"Instead of a charm spell, I should have lead off with a sleep effect, taking out one or two of your warriors. I guess I still would have been hit by the blinding spray of yours, but I think with fewer warriors, Carson could have handled things. Ah, well... you live and learn, I suppose." He flashes a sick grin at Conuld.

"Right, now, if you'll follow me..." he says, and begins to lead the way to the north, the distant sounds of the dock floating on the breeze.

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
Riffer smiles slightly at Conuld's comment. "Unflappable? You have to be, in our line of work. We've seen.... things...." his eyes gaze off in the distance for a moment.
"Small things with red eyes, by chance?"

Wik

First Post
Riffer takes a long look at Conuld. "Sometimes. But that is a story for a different time... in any case, it's one I don't know much about."

Wik

First Post
Riffer quickly leads the group towards the north, following narrow streets that are smothered by rundown buildings that are one degree short of shanties. The few people seen on the streets lay sprawled out in the mud, unconscious... or worse.

A woman screams off in the distance, before being cut off short. Riffer doesn't seem to notice. He motions, with his head, another rundown structure. "My place. The door's unlocked... you'd have to be a fool to mess with a blacklily in these parts." He levels a stare at Conuld.

"after you."

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

I'll go first, Cludge growls, motioning toward the door and drawing his greatsword. I've taken nary a blow and I'm willin' ta take the first one. You lot stay well back, in case there's traps.
When his companions are ready, Cludge sniffs at the door, then stands to one side and opens the latch....

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
whispering to whomever may be close to him, pendrakes says (in a not too silent voice), " how much does ships captain pay for blacklilly deckhand? i am sure i know a captain that has lost cargo to these bastaard schuim"

he then eyes the mage with true desire to seel him into shipboard slavery.

OOC: if a sense motive is successful on him, he really does want to sell him to a captain of a ship who have been victums of the blacklillies

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar stays well back and out of danger while keeping an open ear, and an open mind, both wary of any trouble..."Hmmmm...." He seems to hum to himself for no apparent reason.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Yes... I've read enough about thieves' dens to know that we do not want to go leading the way, Riffer. I have a better idea. What say you go first, and you shuffle your feet along the floor, so that you must tell us when we reach any hidden tripwires?" To Pendrake, he says "I like the idea of him learning an honest trade on board a ship. But I am sure in six months, we will start to hear tales of the Dread Pirate Riffer."

Remove ads