• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Solange

First Post
Solange nods, "Once we're out a here, yer free. But I'd get clear of here if I were you. The guards are still gonna get a report 'bout ya."

Trouvere

Explorer
"It is a beautiful thing," says Conuld. "Who did you expect to sell it to?" He sidles over to Pendrake. "A word outside?" he says to the northerner. With a little distance from Riffer, Conuld says "Pendrake, we might find some opposition from the others, but I believe you are right, and Solange is too trusting, bless her. If we let him go, he will brood for a day, and then he will seek revenge on us. He will gather a new gang of ruffians, and then we will not be safe in Orussus. We will be met with a dagger in the dark or a bolt in the back the moment we let down our guard. I am not sure I would accept money from a captain for him, but nevertheless we should put him aboard a ship - one that is going on a long journey to a far away place. Scrubbing decks among men who are not afraid of him will do him good. Agreed?" Going back inside, he says to the Blacklily, "Riffer, you must have belongings you wish to gather. Instruct us which, we will fetch them, see you safely to city limits, then unbind your hands, and wave you on your way."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
When Conuld pulls Pendrake aside and speaks to hium his idea, the northerner agrees then says he will seek a captain.

"Meet me at docks. A captain and ship i seek for us."

if given the ok by Conuld, Pendrake leaves immediatley to lookk for a captain of a ship going a long, long, looong way off.

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Scott DeWar said:
When Conuld pulls Pendrake aside and speaks to hium his idea, the northerner agrees then says he will seek a captain.
"Meet me at docks. A captain and ship i seek for us."
if given the ok by Conuld, Pendrake leaves immediatley to lookk for a captain of a ship going a long, long, looong way off.
"We will follow as quickly as we can. Take care, Pendrake, and good luck."

Rathan

First Post
Rathan watches the two go off to speak alone.... up until now he'd trusted everyone here with sword and shield and magic alike to be around him.. protect him and be in their best interests to the mission.. but now that is was nearing completion he was starting get that feeling once more that something was not quiet right.... he perks a brow as the wander off to talk alone....

He would wait for them to return... and then spoke.. noting pendrakes absence.... Something the matter?... is there something we all should know? the humble priest asked Conuld when he returned....

Trouvere

Explorer
"Pendrake has... gone scouting a little way ahead to check that all is clear on our way back to the harbour," says Conuld, managing to sound matter-of-fact. "If Riffer will direct us to the belongings he most needs, then we can catch up with him quickly."

OOC - Bluff check 1d20=16 appropriate here?
[sblock=DC 16 Sense motive]Conuld is definitely being somewhat evasive, and will crumble like a wet cookie if pressed.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Sense Motive Check (1d20+3=16)

OOC: you rolled a 16... shouldn't the DC be 16?... I only asked because I as well rolled a 16 on my sense motive heh heh

Rathan looks upon Conuld with a raised brow.... "Don't you think we all should have stuck together?" the cleric asks rather skeptical of what Conuld was up to... he knew something wasn't right here.. but couldn't put his finger on it exactly... "you do remember exactly what happened last time I myself suggested we split up... we were attacked.." the wise cleric added as he nods sagely.. still feeling something was wrong...

Trouvere

Explorer
Rathan said:
OOC: you rolled a 16... shouldn't the DC be 16?... I only asked because I as well rolled a 16 on my sense motive heh heh
OOC - yes, I typoed (will fix). Rathan has the higher modifier, so he wins the tie.

Rathan said:
Rathan looks upon Conuld with a raised brow.... "Don't you think we all should have stuck together?" the cleric asks rather skeptical of what Conuld was up to... he knew something wasn't right here.. but couldn't put his finger on it exactly... "you do remember exactly what happened last time I myself suggested we split up... we were attacked.." the wise cleric added as he nods sagely.. still feeling something was wrong...
"Er, yes, but Pendrake, um, Pendrake has to...er... see a man about a dog?" says Conuld. "Oh, all right, he and I do not want Riffer left to wander free anywhere close to Orussus. Solange has practically promised him his freedom. Pendrake has gone to see one of his sea captain friends, perhaps the one on whose ship he came to this city, to arrange that Riffer be taken far away - not left to gather a new gang and come after us in vengeance."

Remove ads