W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

covaithe

Explorer
Trouvere said:
"I do hope that Cassus Arimae has influence with the authorities. We are going to return his family's property before we get ourselves arrested, I hope?"
"There are reasonable arguments for both answers to that question, but on the balance I find that I agree; I would prefer to deliver the necklace before alerting the guards."

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

I wunner how he's gonna feel when he finds out his brother's involved - mebbe spearheadin' tha Blackberries? Cludge says, scratching his wiry head with one hand, while keeping a tight grip of Riffer with the other.
Say, pal, he asks Riffer, what's that Vannon feller's deal with all this then, eh? He give ya cash or somethin'? Why'd he want the family jewels ta be stolen anyhows?
He gives Riffer a friendly shake.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: appologies up front...i have just been informed by my boss that i am needed in mt. home Ak. for an emergency there. i will see if i have some sort of access at the hotel...sorry all... gota go, gotta pack now...maybe pendrake ends up taking a long time to find a ship? i will be back on wed or thurs, or it could last as long as friday(ugh!).

Solange

First Post
Scott DeWar said:
OOC: appologies up front...i have just been informed by my boss that i am needed in mt. home Ak. for an emergency there. i will see if i have some sort of access at the hotel...sorry all... gota go, gotta pack now...maybe pendrake ends up taking a long time to find a ship? i will be back on wed or thurs, or it could last as long as friday(ugh!).
OOC: Good luck :) I think we're almost done anyway...

Wik

First Post
Yeah, we're almost done. Don't worry, I'm sure we handle Pendrake - it's mostly RP from here on in. Good luck with the emergency.

Pendrake is able to quickly round up a captain, busily getting half-soused in a nondescript tavern. It doesn't take Pendrake too long to convince the man to take on Riffer - after all, a mage is always an asset, even if he happens to belong to the Blacklilies. In fact, the Blacklily is an added bonus - what ship captain hasn't feared a blacklily dock raid?

In short, Pendrake is able to convince the captain to take the mage on as "crew", for a longer voyage down to the south.

Riffer chuckles at Vannon's name. "Nah, he's just our fence. Kind of a tool, too. And, I'm totally honest, here - we didn't know he was an Arimae. Hell, he knew nothing about the raid until he found a blacklily scarf in his house. We were a bit, um... surprised... to find him screaming at us when we showed up with his necklace. That's how we knew about you - he told us his brother had sent some people after us."

It takes the better part of two hours to get Riffer to his ship, and to see him safely aboard. Afterwards the party regroups - and debates their next plan. Should the necklace be returned to Cassus, or should the local guard be informed?

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
It takes the better part of two hours to get Riffer to his ship, and to see him safely aboard. Afterwards the party regroups - and debates their next plan. Should the necklace be returned to Cassus, or should the local guard be informed?
"I am very glad to be rid of Riffer," says Conuld. "I hope the captain is not too disappointed when he discovers his new mage has no spellbook. I should like to deliver the necklace safely as soon as possible. How many hours until dawn? Perhaps we should not knock on the door of a mansion that was robbed so recently while those inside are asleep. And when we do talk with Cassus, should we broach the subject of his ne'er-do-well brother? I confess I have no idea."

Solange

First Post
"I think gettin' it back sooner be wise. 'e'll sleep better I think knowin' it's safe, 'n we can tell 'm 'bout Vannon," Solange says.

Remove ads