W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Trouvere

Explorer
"We all but promised him his freedom in exchange for the necklace, Saithnar - but we did not say where he should gain it. Let him be taken to a distant settlement, with no easy means of return." Conuld is relieved that Saithnar seems somewhat supportive of his and Pendrake's plan. Trying to avoid further discussion, he goes back inside Riffer's filthy dwelling. "Come on," he says, "let's gather your essential belongings. It is time our bargain was completed." He looks about with distaste. "Was it worth it, Riffer? You have spent your life in violence, extortion and theft - and to show for it, you live in squalor, with the odour of dung in your nostrils. You are a mage. You should have more pride. You should be able to do better."

Wik

First Post
OOC: I'd like a Gather Information check for Pendrake, with a +4 bonus because I assume he knows a few ship captains and whatnot. His result indicates just how good a captain he finds.

Pendrake hits the docks, prowling for a captain. Of course, most of the ships are moored for tonight, and most of the ones that are still being crewed are unloading (or loading) at breakneck speeds so the crew can start spending their pay on various vices. Whether or not he can find a captain at this hour remains to be seen...

Riffer quickly gathers his things, making sure he retrieves his hat. He leaves out one obvious item - his spellbook. It is quite obvious he doesn't trust the group. His supplies are rather threadbare - a slim dagger, a pack of dry goods, some random pieces of garbage, and an extra roll of clothes.

He listens to Conuld. "Pride? I'm a major crook. I run things, you know. I run heists. I am a very powerful man. As for this... place" he waves his hand over the room "It's only temporary. Uh.... temporary".

Solange

First Post
Solange chuckles, "Sure it is. Much like yer journey here's temporary. Soon enough, The Great Shepherd 'll lead ya ta where ye're realy 'sposta go. 'Course, ya gotta chose where durrin' yer journey here."

She smiles at Riffer as she leans on her cook. "So, ya figure out where ya goin' on yer journey yet?"

Rathan

First Post
Rathan sighs softly... as much as he DIDN'T like seeing someone just tossed to the dogs.... he knew Riffer was no good news at all.. and in a rather heart sinking decision.. he turned his back on the goings on... as if putting it from his memory..... Rathan just thought of how much other death they could avoid if the bastard was shipped away..... "if you're going to do this I do not wish to be part of it.... I will not stop it... but I wish not to be part of it.. if he's sent away... it may save countless lives... mayhaps I should should take the necklace back to it's owner and just... forget you ever told me that Conuld" he said as he moved a bit closer to the man as he spoke so Riffer would not hear it...

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
Riffer quickly gathers his things, making sure he retrieves his hat. He leaves out one obvious item - his spellbook. It is quite obvious he doesn't trust the group. His supplies are rather threadbare - a slim dagger, a pack of dry goods, some random pieces of garbage, and an extra roll of clothes.
Conuld catches Riffer's eye as he relinquishes the hat back to its owner. He has been practising his prestidigitation by altering the hat to a striking shade of pink. "There you go," he says, "I suppose you can have this - but you are going to look silly for an hour. Are you sure you are not forgetting anything, wizard? You will not have another chance to recover your belongings." Conuld smiles at Solange's pointed comments. "Perhaps our priests will have some more useful words of advice for you as we walk, Riffer. I hope so." He goes back into the cleaner air outside, and stops by Rathan again. "I am sorry," he says, "but I think this way is for the best. Are we ready to go, everyone? Who has the necklace? Keep tight hold of our guest, master dwarf. Perhaps we should tie a short piece of rope from one foot to another."

covaithe

Explorer
Trouvere said:
"Who has the necklace?"
"I have it here," Tommy says, holding up the box.

ooc: I assume since the trap is now discharged I can put the necklace back in the box and carry it that way, rather than in plain sight. If that's not ok, I'll edit as needed. And, obviously, if anyone else would rather carry the necklace, I don't have any particular attachment to carrying it myself.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

OOC=Sorry, was away for the weekend.

Cludge looks uncomfortable with the decision to send Riffer to sea. Eventually, he sighs and says: Weeellll, I'd much rather see this one headin' ta jail. But there's a kind o' justice in bungin' him onta one o' them ships. I heared they can be plenty tough. But the rest o' us should go back to the tavern and raise the guard once it's done and Riffer here is one his way. We gots ta own up -- and clean up -- to the mess we left back there.

Trouvere

Explorer
"It is important to keep our word and to acknowledge our own deeds," says Conuld as they walk. "That said, I do hope that Cassus Arimae has influence with the authorities. We are going to return his family's property before we get ourselves arrested, I hope?"

Remove ads