• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Rathan

First Post
Rathan nodded and prodded Riffers shoulder.. YOU'VE cause enough death this day backlilly.. the next one to perish will be you and not any of us, I can assure you. I suggest you move... now.." the priest utters as he was sick of the mans voice and presence.. the sooner they got what they were hired to get.. the better then the Riffer could be out of their sights and minds for good...

Wik

First Post
Cludge enters the hovel nervously. The entire place has the smell of bat dung and mold, hanging in very thick air. He looks around anxiously for a necklace, before Riffer cries out "It's in a box! A simple, brown box! Careful, it's trapped!"

Cludge keeps his eyes open, before spotting the aforementioned box, sitting on a shelf. It's small - not much bigger than a tome - and relatively light.

Trouvere

Explorer
"I love what you've done with the place, Riff-riff," says Conuld. He makes a few hand gestures and says some strange words. Tentatively, he gestures, and a patch of cleaner wall appears. "Not so difficult, eh? Let me see if I can move that box. A needle trap, you say, Riffer? I suppose it would be triggered harmlessly if the box fell to the floor?" Unless anyone stops him, he begins trying to levitate the box, moving it closer to the edge of the shelf.

OOC - casting Prestidigitation
[sblock=Spells prepared](0) Ghost Sound (DC 14); Light; Message; Prestidigitation
(1) Enlarge Person; Mage Armor; Color Spray (DC 15)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Seeing magic being performed Pendrake starts getting a bit uneasy, so to calm himself he draws his long sword and shield and keeps on the look out for trouble.

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ah, perfect, To- er... Jimmy," says Conuld, with a glance at Riffer. "Mage Hand is the more focused tool for the task. I shall leave it up to you." He pulls Riffer's hat out, and amuses himself by trying to change it from black to a more cheerful colour.

covaithe

Explorer
"Very well. Keep that prestidigitation handy in case I need help with the latch. I intend to lift the box down from the shelf with the latch pointing away from any of us, open it, and lift the necklace out. I assume one of these actions will activate the trap, so I suggest we all find some cover if possible before I attempt it. I may need help with opening it or retrieving the necklace."

ooc: Mage hand should be good for lifting down the box, but opening it and retrieving the necklace may be a stretch for a single casting of mage hand. I'd allow it if I ran the zoo, but I'll defer to Wik on that. :) At any rate, I think prestidigitation should be able to handle either of those nicely, so it shouldn't matter too much.

Tommy will attempt to find some cover, such as a doorway, bit of furniture, or a captured enemy mage, wait for others to do the same, and cast mage hand as outlined above. He will maintain concentration until the box is opened and the necklace retrieved safely.

Solange

First Post
Solange stands ready in case someone needs a heal spell.

"What kinda trap is is Riffer? It's not gonna 'splode the box or nothin' is it?"

Wik

First Post
As Solange speaks, Riffer mutters "A needle trap. Carson set it up."

The mage hand spell works remarkably well. Tommy casts the spell, and the box opens slowly. Everyone breathes in quickly when they hear a loud *click*. A moment later, a dart sticks out of the nearby wall, half buried into the wood. Riffer chuckles.

"he had his faults, but Carson could sure set a trap." He whistles.

The Arimae necklace lifts up out of the box, levitating in the air. The numerous emeralds circle three well-sized rubies. The gold/platinum alloy is pure white, and twinkles in the beam of light that shoots through the window.

"that, my friends" Riffer mutters, "Is the Arimae necklace. It's all yours. You gonna let me go now?"

Remove ads