D&D (2024) Warlock Dips

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
off hand 1 level dip to pact of the blade for any cha caster (so bard, pally, sorcerer) and pact of the tome for wizards is almost comicly too good.

"Oh my wizard can grab two more cantrips and add my int mod to damage with all my cantrips for a 1 level dip"
Adding the ability mod to damage on Cantrips only comes after 5 Warlock levels. That's not a dip, anymore.
"Oh my valor bard can dump str and use cha to attack with my new summonable cha attack sword?!?"
Bards typically dump strength anyways and use Dex; Dex will still be needed.

I don't think the sword is summonable. Rapier is still the go-to choice (though surely opening that up to other possibilities is a good thing). And a returning Spear or handaxe would be an awesomely fun thing to play with.

Last edited:

Bards typically dump strength anyways and use Dex; Dex will still be needed.
Dex 14 is still everyone's favourite. The point of the warlock dip is that you get to push your Charisma. If at level 13 you're Cha 20, Dex 14 that's +3 to hit and damage.
I don't think the sword is summonable. Rapier is still the go-to choice (though surely opening that up to other possibilities is a good thing). And a returning Spear or handaxe would be an awesomely fun thing to play with.
Indeed. I'm thinking a returning trident that topples people. The more I think about it the more I think that the dip is close to mandatory for weapon throwers.

Remove ads