• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you do when a show gets stale?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Give it one more season, but if it doesn't improve, stop. Don't start again until/unless there is a major change in staff, including writers & producers
Bones, James Bond, CSI, CSI:NY, Once Upon A Time

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Actually, in another show I've been watching a major character did get killed. In Person of Interest. Dunno if anyone else here is watching that show... but I just felt like I couldn't believe it. I'm still going to watch the show though. It's still a good show. It doesn't really change enough for me to stop watching it. Now, if for some reason the show now sucks, I'll stop watching it, but I'm pretty sure if it would start sucking now, it woulda started sucking regardless of whether or not the character lived.

You post spoilers without any warning, apparently.

Seriously, you need give warnings about something like that. In this case, you didn't even let the reader know what show you were discussing, so there was no chance of avoiding it. General protocol would be to post the name of the show with "Spoilers" noted in the thread title. It's not a big deal to me with Family Guy, but if you did this with certain other shows I would have been pissed.

You post spoilers without any warning, apparently.
Yup.
Seriously, you need give warnings about something like that. In this case, you didn't even let the reader know what show you were discussing, so there was no chance of avoiding it. General protocol would be to post the name of the show with "Spoilers" noted in the thread title.
Too much effort required.
It's not a big deal to me with Family Guy,
It's family. I didn't expect anyone to still watch that show, so I figured it wouldn't matter.
but if you did this with certain other shows I would have been pissed.
Over a TV show? Really? Why?

Remove ads