Which core races have you played in 3.5?

Which core races have you played in D&D3.5?

• Dwarf

Votes: 220 55.7%
  • Elf

Votes: 227 57.5%
  • Gnome

Votes: 102 25.8%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 128 32.4%
  • Half-Orc

Votes: 113 28.6%
  • Halfling

Votes: 140 35.4%
  • Human

Votes: 369 93.4%

Timeron Malachi

First Post
I prefer dwarves, humans, and half-blooded races. Especially sort of weird ones like half-dragons, half-ogres, half-trolls. I think the idea of a noble-outsider to society is just really cool. Even when I'm a half-ogre, it always seems like everyone else in the party is the most "barbaric".

Brev'nor "Golembane" Ulfgar is a Gold Dwarf fighter, he's level 15, and uses a Dire Pick with a Wield Oversized Weapon feat. He's a sundering expert, and I've kileld a steel golem with him in two swings. He's getting played in Realms, but I'm doing some Warhammer-type stuff with him: He's going to become Slayer. Cult of dwarves who have to attone for their sins by dying in battle.

Feargus is an Axani: They're sort of like Aasimars, only they're decended of a lawful plane-touched. He's a 16th level fighter, expert with the bow. He's just crazy broken, because I played him before we started using only straight core rules. He can make ranged attacks of opportunity and fire his attacks and touch attacks and all kinds of crazy stuff like that. Besides being silly-powerful, he was also just a fun character to play. Kind of guy who'd maybe be a paladin, if he didn't have a bit of a greedy streak.

I'm playing a Goliath barbarian, who's fun. Also, got a Changling rogue...he's got a 10 strength, and that's with a +4 boost. His whole thing is Diplomacy, Intimidate, Bluff, and Disguise. It's fun to roll a 35 Intimidate with a 5'4" Half-elf!

Romnipotent

First Post
The reason I asked is becauseI've played since 2001, and have played many short games, one offs, LG, and the like. I've had something or other for many times.
I've played more non core races (because theres more of them) than core as well. We just liked short stints I guess.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Human and Half-Orc. I spend most of my time on the other side of the screen, so I don't get a lot of PC-time.

I play a lot of Hobgoblins and Tieflings, however, and the two characters I'm currently playing are a Tiefling and a Half-Orc. (The Tiefling is a Gestalt Hexblade/Bard/Sublime Chord, while the Half-Orc is a 1st level Rogue.)

Remove ads