• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which core races have you played in 3.5?

Which core races have you played in D&D3.5?

• Dwarf

Votes: 220 55.7%
  • Elf

Votes: 227 57.5%
  • Gnome

Votes: 102 25.8%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 128 32.4%
  • Half-Orc

Votes: 113 28.6%
  • Halfling

Votes: 140 35.4%
  • Human

Votes: 369 93.4%

SteelDraco

First Post
Lots of humans, two dwarves (druid and psychic warrior), a half-orc (monk/fighter/tattooed monk), and a gnome (wizard/cleric/mystic theurge). I enjoyed them all, though the gnome really only because the GM gave them a cool animistic religion for me to play around with. The mechanics I wasn't too interested in.

I'm a dwarf man at heart, but sometimes it's just too hard to pass up that extra feat. The half-orc I enjoyed, because he ended up very orcish, with ritual scars in place of tatoos for the Tatooed Monk PrC. That guy was fun, but sadly the game didn't last long enough to really enjoy him.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Only a human, but that's because I DM. I've got a few non-core races and a half-elf (drow) under my belt, too, but the half-elf was 3.0.

Demiurge out.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I answered "human". I've had one nonhuman PC ever in Third Edition - and he was a grey orc with the "blooded creature" template in a Forgotten Realms campaign a friend designed specifically for characters with Level Adjustments - minimum LA +2.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Eh- I fudged my data.

I've designed characters of all races and core classes in 3.0/3.5Ed (plus some from other sourcebooks), but I've only gotten to play a few of them, a Half-Orc Ranger, a Human Rgr/Ftr/Div/Spellsword, a Human Ftr/Rogue, Halfling Rogue, and a Gnome Illusionist.

The upside, however, is that I've a huge catalog of PCs to use at the drop of a hat.

Remove ads