Which core races have you played in 3.5?

Which core races have you played in D&D3.5?

• Dwarf

Votes: 220 55.7%
  • Elf

Votes: 227 57.5%
  • Gnome

Votes: 102 25.8%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 128 32.4%
  • Half-Orc

Votes: 113 28.6%
  • Halfling

Votes: 140 35.4%
  • Human

Votes: 369 93.4%

Henry

Autoexreginated
Curiously, the only two I haven't played, are the Half-Elf and the Gnome - which are the first two likely candidates to be voted out of the "Race Survivor" thread... :)

I am not surprised that gnomes are that low down in the poll. I am a bit surprised that they're doing worse than half-elves. Personally, I blame Dragonlance.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
The only reason I haven't played all of them is that I haven't played that much 3.x yet. I expect that in time I will play all of them. I did have characters of all seven races back in my 1/e days.

Interestingly, even though I'm rating half-elves worthy of relatively early eviction from the metaphorical island (if they weren't likely to be kicked out this round I'd vote them out next round), they are pretty high on my own character list, probably second to humans.

Wombat

First Post
None, but that is because we are still using something like 3.0 rules and AU/AE.

And of course there is the problem that I mainly GM and rarely get to play, so... ;)

Raflar

First Post
Played them all....

Half Elf - Scout/Warmage (current)
Dwarf - Monk
Elf - Fighter/Rogue
Gnome - Wizard (Illusionist)
Halfling - Wizard (Conjurer) & Sorcerer
Half-Orc - Druid/Wizard/Geomancer
Human - mostly Bards, Clerics and Sorcerers

Of course since I am the main DM, I've played everything as an NPC at one point or another.. For me all races are fine, if I can find the right 'personality' to play. I think my favourites are the 'half' races - I like to roleplay inner conflict. Least fave is probably the gnome only because I couldn't find his personality/identity...

drothgery

First Post
3 humans (ranger/rogue; psion; fighter/scout), 1 elf (cleric; he was non-human so I could hide a 7 from an otherwise good set of rolls by playing against type). I usually played humans in 2e when they sucked; I almost always play humans in 3.x, where they're good.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Human
Dwarf
And the two times that I have gotten to play in Iron Kingdoms
Gobber
Ogrun - I have to agree with the folks who feel Ogruns are a bit broken. I like them, but they are way too good.

Given my druthers in AD&D I played humans and dwarfs then too...

The Auld Grump

Remove ads