• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which core races have you played in 3.5?

Which core races have you played in D&D3.5?

• Dwarf

Votes: 220 55.7%
  • Elf

Votes: 227 57.5%
  • Gnome

Votes: 102 25.8%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 128 32.4%
  • Half-Orc

Votes: 113 28.6%
  • Halfling

Votes: 140 35.4%
  • Human

Votes: 369 93.4%

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
2 Humans:

1. Giles J Pimms - Conjurer/Wild Mage, (10th in total), got thrice fireballed then eaten by the BBEG's undead wyvern :(

2. Reliq al Suulak - Cloistered Cleric 1 / Paladin 6 / Sword of Righteousness 1 / Fist of Raziel 9, (yes I know, far too many classes but it's fun), highest level character I've ever, (and still do), played. Nearly lost him last night to 2 gargantuan green dragons, a stalactite trap, lake of acid and anti-magic field........courtesy, of course, of Morrus!!! :cool:

Can't stand Elves, probably a hang-up from me Warhammer Fantasy Battle days but Dwarves are ok, just haven't played one yet.

CGoat

First Post
Shoot... Forgot a gnome I played. Wendle Backhand, It was a sad end tho... just made his first level of mystic theurge.... then TPK. DM went on a rampage... we were so outclassed. Could be the main cleric... my gnome was multiclassed. The other cleric had three levels of superdwarf (dwarf paragon) its tough going into a fight with 2nd level cleric and wizard spells. When you really needed the 3rd and 4th level spells.

Our games tend to be long running... Eldaar the murderer Elf rogue/wizard/Arcane trickster 20 lvl (retired) got to the point when anytime he was within 10' of a secret door he beat the DC even on a 1... kept the DM from rolling search rolls. Elves have always been one of my favorites. This one being CN and role played to the extreme.. with his pseudodragon familiar... we were the power hungry treasure hoarders...

Cyrus Pyrus Human Monk just added the half dragon template one of my favorite characters due to the vow of poverty. It just feels good to give all your stuff away to the needy. It gives you a whole different perspective in a group that always acts like money hungry mercenaries. Humans are so versatile... But the vision hindrance is tough... (btw half dragon template adds... lowlight and darkvision) did have to give up some other stuff to get the DM to allow it.

Torin Oakdancer... 6th lvl Human Druid. With druids it doesn't really matter what your class is... its just too much fun being animals.

Magnus Rocksmasher. dwarven Fighter/psion he was the most fun to role play. Also a great character… I always think I play a good dwarf… Was playing this guy during the Lord of the ring movies… and it was like seeing his brother on the screen with Gimli. But when it came down to it… the whole movement thing really sucks. This guy started with 3.0 so it was 15ft…. he was always the last to get to a fight. Because how many groups do you play with where… hey it would be best if you let them come to you…. But then someone charges ahead cause they can’t wait… then you have to run up and save them.

Last edited:

haiiro

First Post
Is there a "none" option? ;)

I've only DMed 3.5e, never played it (unless you count GenCon). Plenty of 3.0 on both sides of the screen, but since you're being technical about it... ;)

The_Gneech

Explorer
In a real game: I've only had the one human character that started in 3.0 and feels like has been going forever. Man, I need to find more games to play in!

I also had an elf as the party leader and basically "my character" in the ToEE CRPG, which is the closest thing to another 3.5 game I've been involved in.

-TG :cool:

jcfiala

Explorer
I enjoy multiclassing too much not to take humans most of the time. I think I played an elf once, and I've got two halfling characters. (One a wizard, the other a favored soul.)

Breakdaddy

First Post
None or All, depending on whether or not you consider GMing a race as PLAYING that race. I have never sat on the side of the GM's screen that has the pretty pictures on it :p

TheEvil

Explorer
Thanks everyone for the responses so far.
For the record, no, I don't consider GMing to be the same as playing. ;)
I will grant that the numbers are really only confirming what I would have guessed, other then the higher then expected percentage on gnomes...

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Halfling, Human, Elf. In that order. Next one might be a Gnome or Dwarf, or back to Human.

Halfling Necromancer has some strong appeal, though...

-- N

Remove ads