Who wants to be a Wayfinder?

Jarval

Explorer
Ah, this sounds really very interesting. If I can throw my hat in the ring as well on the player front, I'm thinking a warforged psion.

Ozmar

First Post
Bront said:
Ok, I think I may have the idea fully fleshed out now. How does a "wildchild" noble of house Denieth Paladin of Freedom sound? My only question/concern, is how strict are you with the Paladin code? Not that I intend on him doing evil acts or such, but he's probably a bit of a bragart, enjoys wine and women (In reasonable moderation), and is probably a bit arrogant, but a very noble and nice guy who stands for what he feels is right. Just want to make sure that's acceptable for the Paladin of Freedom (Some people are a bit stricter on the paladin code, while others are not). Also, if this is ok, any chance I could keep diplomacy as a class skill instead of getting Bluf (I'll take Bluff too if you're giving it out, but diplomacy fits more for the character, even if he's an odd bragart)

I could probably do the halfling as well, but with the halfling I'm more likely to stick with the Talentra Warrior feat at first level, and not the Dragonmark. (He could still be a noble of house Jorasco)

What is a "Paladin of Freedom"? Is this some kind of CG paladin variant from UA?

Ozmar the Curious

jkason

First Post
I actually only have access to the SRD, but I've liked what I've heard about the elements in Eberron, so I figure I'll give this a go. I've been playing with this character concept for a little while, and thought it fit pretty nicely into the setup you have here without much fiddling. Then Bront suggested his paladin character above, and I thought the roleplaying possibilities inherent in putting Midian in the same party were pretty fun.

Midian Rightson, Druid 1:

Midian was supposed to be a paladin. Priam the Righteous, his grandfather, started the line. His was a tale of noble quests and brilliant wars fought in the name of goodness. Midian's father, Rolav Rightson, carried on the fine tradition. Rolav married fellow paladin Verita del Pristien, and together the pair spread good and law with their every breath and smote all evil they came across. Even Midian's older sister, Penance, has heard the calling.

It's not that Midian didn't try. He enrolled in the School of Chivalric Arts at the University of Wynarn. His way with animals helped him master riding. He showed some promise at archery. He studied his own lineage and that of all the important authority figures whose law he might be called to uphold. But each success was met with its own failure. Heavier armors dragged him down and turned him into a stumbling idiot. Try as he might, he could only get the feel for a handful of simple
weapons well enough to be effective with them in close combat. And, most importantly, no matter how hard he prayed and focused, he simply couldn't hear the call.

At least, not the call of the paladin.

In Midian's third year at university, a visiting professor and druid named Byless Delavert joined the faculty. Midian had intended to take the elf's botany class for some easy filler, but Byless proved a fascinating, charismatic instructor. Midian found himself signing on for animal husbandry with Byless the next session. A few weeks in, Byless pulled the young man aside after class. The way of the paladin would never be Midian's, he declared, but with Byless's help, the elf was certain Midian would make an exemplary druid.

It was far too late for Midian to change his course of study as far as the university was concerned. If he wanted his degree, it would have to be from the School of Chivalric Arts. So Midian continued, but Byless offered--and Midian accepted--private tutoring in the ways of the druid. He won his degree by the skin of his teeth and a lucky stab with a shortspear in his Advanced Sparring final. His stellar performance in his uncredited druid training, however, was Midian's true point of pride.

The family Rightson still hopes that one day their youngest member will be gifted with a celestial mount, that his gaze will know evil at a glance and his sword arm have the power to smite that evil. Midian is content to have befriended Talbot, a heavy horse who--like him--hadn't taken to the training of a full-fledged warrior. And he hopes that one day his kin will come to accept the valor of his own, less well-trod path.

Mista Collins

First Post
Bront, go head with the Paladin of Freedom.

All of thsoe who have submitted a background and idea, go ahead and stat them out. These are looking good.

Krug, just change the background a bit for Plonk as mentioned here

More than likely, characters will be chosen before GenCon, but the first IC post won't be until after GenCon.

Ozmar

First Post
Woo hoo! Here are Boromar's stats. (Does anyone have the name of a famous explorer in Eberron? I think "Magellan" might be too jarring for a character name...) (Edit: Thanks, ShaggySpellsword!)

[sblock]
Boromar
Male-personality Warforged Scout 1
Medium Construct (Living Construct)
Alignment: Neutral
Region: Aundair
Height: 5’10"
Weight: 270 lbs.
Hair: None
Eyes: Green

Abilities
[edit: stats removed at request of DM...]

Equipment:
hand axe
short bow
20 arrows
backpack
maps
14 pp
23 gp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool, I'll try to have him up tonight. Got the stats and such done.

Ozmet, you're short 4 points on attributes.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Well, there is Lhazaar, the brave human that lead the expedition from Sarlona and discovered Khorvaire...and the goblinoids/orcs/dwarves already living here.

A more contemporary explorer, and my PC's hero, is Lord Boromar ir'Dayne, founder of the Wayfinders

PS. Tel, the half-elven farm-boy turned explorer will be up soon.

Couchbob

First Post
Due to a current storyline that I am most unfortunately rather personally involved in, I'm gonna sit this one out. That and my complete lack of Eberron knowledge (something I hope to remedy when things settle down... whenever that is). I am going to follow along though and my participate in the next one. We will have an internet connection at gencon though Mista Collins, provided my laptop doesn't get used as a trampoline again before then. So you should be able to get ahold of players and such while we are there.

Mista Collins

First Post
Couchbob said:
Due to a current storyline that I am most unfortunately rather personally involved in, I'm gonna sit this one out. That and my complete lack of Eberron knowledge (something I hope to remedy when things settle down... whenever that is). I am going to follow along though and my participate in the next one. We will have an internet connection at gencon though Mista Collins, provided my laptop doesn't get used as a trampoline again before then. So you should be able to get ahold of players and such while we are there.

Well that is good to know. Maybe I will be able to get the first IC post done while I am AT GenCon. Nuts.

Remove ads