Who wants to be a Wayfinder?

Walking Dad

First Post
How did we determined extra HP? Rolling? Warlock HD is d6.

Will maybe change the blindfight feat to something else, either Point blank shot or Power attack, for more fun with edritch glaive :devil:

jkason

First Post
How did we determined extra HP? Rolling? Warlock HD is d6.

Will maybe change the blindfight feat to something else, either Point blank shot or Power attack, for more fun with edritch glaive :devil:

I was digging around for the same thing. Found this in the recruitment thread for the current chapter:

For Hp's, we'll copy the living enworld method.
When leveling up, take 3/4 of the maximum possible roll for your hit points. For classes using a d6 or d10, round down, but make it up at the next level.

d4 - 3 hp
d6 - 4 hp/5 hp
d8 - 6 hp
d10 - 7 hp/8 hp
d12 - 9 hp

original post

jkason

First Post
Selc, the periapt brings Midian's wis up to 19, which is high enough for him to get an extra 4th level spell. I'm just not sure if stats enhanced by items count for those purposes?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Ok, I wanted to talk treasure here. How are we going to split this stuff?

The gems are easy. We sell them and split the gold.

The Goggles of Minute Seeing should be good for whoever does scouting ahead for traps in our group, I believe. I can do that, but I believe others have been taking point lately.

The Boots of the Elvenkind are also great for our scout-types.

I mentioned that I would take the Shortsword +1, Icy since no one else claimed it, but I doubt I'd ever draw it since my character is more of a caster.

Both flasks had a transmutation effect on them. Did we ever get more info on these?

2 Eberron Shards of Binding (These shards seem to have a mixture of spells on them. It seems like a necromantic version of Evards Black Tentacles. Activating the shard causes a single thread of negative energy to lance out up to 10'. If you succeed on a range touch attack you can make a grapple check at your caster level +8. You can maintain the grapple as a standard action. If you choose to do damage with the grapple, it is the same as your unarmed damage only negative energy instead of non-lethal. Each shard is the size of a dagger). This seems like an awesome weapon to me. I take it these are single use?

Large shard from the Dragon's Skull (Another piece of an Eberron Shard, this crystal radiates several auras. It allows the user to recall two spells per day from the evil, necromancy, or evocation schools up to 4th level.). Is this for any spellcaster? I can't cast 4th level spells yet, but if I held this would I be able to do so from the allowed schools?

The Dragon's Jawbone seems like it would be a nice weapon, but I'm sure people have better. Did we leave it or should we sell it?

Who took the two bracers of armor +2, and the two periapts of wisdom +2? Midian took one of the periapts, correct?

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper could use the bracers...she uses Shield, not Mage Armor, so it would help her out.

As for the two weapons...the shortsword and the jawbone...unless anyone's really hankering for one (and that shortsword strikes me as being really nice), we should sell 'em, I guess. Even at half price, they should bring in a decent gp haul.

She can't cast fourth level spells, but will be able to eventually...and even now, she could use it on ManyJaws, which is nice. Still, recalling 2 spells per day doesn't benefit a sorceror as much as a preparation caster.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Midian - Yes, if you wear the periapt before you prepare spells you get the bonus, and you have to continue wearing it to keep the bonus slot.

The flasks were a potion of Bull's Strength and Bear's Endurance, CL3

The shards of binding are 1/day uses.

The large shard from the dragon's skull works on spells up to 4th, so it can recall 1st, 2nds, and 3rds as well. It can be used by any spellcaster but can only recall spells with the evil, necromancy, or evocation spell descriptor/school.

jkason

First Post
The Goggles of Minute Seeing should be good for whoever does scouting ahead for traps in our group, I believe. I can do that, but I believe others have been taking point lately.

The Boots of the Elvenkind are also great for our scout-types.

Honestly, I don't think we've been very scouty for most of our time on the island. Midian did a little bit, but that was just because he had the benefit of wildshape to disguise himself as a bird, in which case neither of those items is useful to him.

I mentioned that I would take the Shortsword +1, Icy since no one else claimed it, but I doubt I'd ever draw it since my character is more of a caster.

Midian isn't proficient with it, and I think I'll probably be wildshaping him if he's entering melee in the future (though who knows how well that'll work out. ;) )

Large shard from the Dragon's Skull (Another piece of an Eberron Shard, this crystal radiates several auras. It allows the user to recall two spells per day from the evil, necromancy, or evocation schools up to 4th level.). Is this for any spellcaster? I can't cast 4th level spells yet, but if I held this would I be able to do so from the allowed schools?

I was under the impression it only lets you recall spells you've actually cast from those schools. I didn't think beguilers had much if any spells that fell in those schools, so I didn't figure it'd be of much use to Doral. I'm not sure any of us have much in the way of evil or necromancy spells, but Midian and Whisper seemed to have the most evocation spells.

The Dragon's Jawbone seems like it would be a nice weapon, but I'm sure people have better. Did we leave it or should we sell it?

Midian actually doesn't have a magical weapon of any kind, but he's not proficient with greatclubs, either, so, again, not especially useful for him.

Who took the two bracers of armor +2, and the two periapts of wisdom +2? Midian took one of the periapts, correct?

Midian wanted one, and I believe Kraken, as well, since they're the wis-based spellcasters. Bracers won't do Midian much good, since he wears armor.

Remove ads