Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" (IC) 2

Amaury

First Post
Rosalia just about managed to put the ring on, but is utterly scared and incapacitated by the monster she is facing. She wants to do something, survive, but is somehow stopped.

ooc: Will save: 7.
22:33, Today: Secret Roll: Le Maitre de Destins rolled 7 using 1d20. will save.

Leif

Adventurer
Grok, Level 3 Half-Orc Cleric of Pelor

Grok's Will save: [roll0]

Assuming he is able to attack and rolling. Disregard if not.

[roll1]
[roll2]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Scrag and Rosalia can act, but suffer as if under a Confusion spell for the following rounds:

[roll0]

Scrag
[roll1]

Rosalia
[roll2]

Chart:
d% Behavior
01-10 Attack caster with melee or ranged weapons (or close with caster if attack is not possible).
11-20 Act normally.
21-50 Do nothing but babble incoherently.
51-70 Flee away from caster at top possible speed.
71-100 Attack nearest creature (for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subject’s self).

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Grok and Scrag both strike Tsathzar Rho.

OOC: Need Rosalia to roll an attack against Grok, as she is confused this round and he is closest.

Init:
-2 John 22 (Cat's Grace, +4 to Dex)
-64 Tsathzar Rho 20
DEAD Roderic 17
-8 Rosalia 11
-14 Scrag 7
Grok 5

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
John will try and retrace his steps. and he will be dragging Rodrick along with.

move: grab Rodrick with free hand
move: very slow [lift 200, drag 500] Rodrick alone weighs 190, armor alone is 30, dragging the dead paladin

"I will not leave you on this alien world, It is not a proper resting place for a noble warrior as your self!" exclaims the wizard.

Amaury

First Post
ooc: hit 18 at least (cannot find my sheet) and 6 damages. typical: can't hit an enemy but good with allies!! :mad:
09:59, Today: Secret Roll: Le Maitre de Destins rolled 6 using 1d6. dmg.
09:59, Today: Secret Roll: Le Maitre de Destins rolled 17 using 1d20. grok's attack.

"Aaah!! Leave me alone!! All of you!! Away! All of you!!" shouts Rosalia who slashes and hits wildly around her in an uncontrolled manner!

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rosalia strikes a surprised Grok with a glancing shot off his ribcage.

Init:
-2 John 22 (Cat's Grace, +4 to Dex)
-64 Tsathzar Rho 20
DEAD Roderic 17
-8 Rosalia 11
-14 Scrag 7
-6 Grok 5

OOC: Update soon.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
John continues to stumble around with Roderic’s body, wondering if he is to be forever alone. That’s answered when part of the egg that Tsathzar Rho had incubated in breaks further apart, sending out more entrails to attack him. The mage shudders with disgust and prepares once more to fight, when suddenly the entire landscape shakes with a large moaning sound. At the same time, Tsathzar Rho utters a death cry from the combined attacks of Scrag and Grok. With his death, the mind of John and spirit of Roderic are pulled back from the Outer Realms and returned to their own plane of existence where Scrag, Rosalia and Grok are waiting for them. The thoughts of Rosalia and Scrag are cleared from the fog and madness created by Tsathzar Rho’s horrible appearance. In the distance you can hear cries and explosions as the kobolds, dherro and other creatures warped by the influence of the Outer Gods become unstable and have their bodies explode in a shower of blood and guts.

Feelings of pride come over you as you feel the gods of your own pantheon look upon you with approval. Perhaps a boon from them can be expected in the future, but for now you feel yourself gain power and strength from their holy (and some unholy) powers. You now set out to return to the village, though a bit more world weary and chaos-touched than you were before you started. What tale would you tell? How much could be believed? The world was close to being overrun by the essence of the Outer Gods, and you have saved it. Whatever else the villagers will believe, the truth will always be known by yourselves, the pantheon of grateful Gods that you serve, and the angered and vengeful Outer Gods which you have thwarted.

OOC: Everyone gains a level, but the adventure is over. I had to make a secret, inverted Will check when you guys entered the last room, and those that failed saw the room as normal except with some chaos hallucinations akin to what they had been seeing throughout the game, but those that succeeded (John and Roderic) saw the room as part of the realm of the Outer Gods, as was the reality. I should have earlier caught that looking at Tsathzar Rho induces madness and requires a Will Save to avoid confusion, because that could have made the last part even more deadly than it already was. A bad Confusion roll from Scrag could have easily resulted in another dead player or two. I didn’t notice until it was nearly too late, to the advantage of the players, but the last fight was difficult enough in a PbP environment anyway. It was fun, especially the parts where you guys reacted to the chaos hallucinations which could not affect or otherwise harm you. Thanks for playing and I hope you had fun!

Amaury

First Post
ooc: gosh, I thought we would all die!! i had no idea what was going on. who the guy was and how to defeat him. thought that maybe some magical items may hold an answer. what were they by the way?
thanks for picking it up and taking it to the end. what was the creature? what level?

Rosalia recovers her senses. She sees that the creature is on the floor apparently dead. She sees her blade bloody and then looks at Grok who's looking at her bewildered.
"Oh my god!! What did just happen?? Did I do that to you Grok??"

She apologizes profusely to Grok.

She then realizes that Roderic has passed away, victim of the creature. She starts sobbing uncontrollably.

Remove ads