Geek & Sundry Does D&D (and a bunch of other things)

Geek & Sundry (the media company which features Wil Wheaton's Tabletop show, and launched by Felicia Day and others) has announced a new Twitch channel. The channel shows various programs throughout the week, but of special interest is the Thursday 7-9PM show called Critical Role, which stars Matt Mercer and others playing Dungeons & Dragons. You can watch the full announcement and lineup below. Thanks to Al for the scoop!

Geek & Sundry (the media company which features Wil Wheaton's Tabletop show, and launched by Felicia Day and others) has announced a new Twitch channel. The channel shows various programs throughout the week, but of special interest is the Thursday 7-9PM show called Critical Role, which stars Matt Mercer and others playing Dungeons & Dragons. You can watch the full announcement and lineup below. Thanks to Al for the scoop!

[video=youtube;jwxEYd-34WQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxEYd-34WQ[/video]

The full schedule is as follows (and click on the image to jump to the Twitch channel):

Twitch_Flyer_Schedule.jpg

pedr

Explorer
Wil occasionally talks about the development and writing he's doing for the RPG show on his podcast, Radio Free Burrito, so it's definitely still on track. Sounds like there's a firm media/PR plan for it as he's had to convince himself not to spill some info more than once!

So this is something different. (He's also said the RPG show won't be D&D. I'm guessing they'll use AGE fantasy from Green Ronin, and release the adventure or campaign world as a retail product)

Quatermane

First Post
Thanks for the props Morrus!!
:)
I hope the new D&D show works out. The players are apparently going to be voice over actors, so I believe we will hear many different voices for PCs and NPCs along with wagon loads of creativity.

- Al

wedgeski

Adventurer
So this is something different. (He's also said the RPG show won't be D&D. I'm guessing they'll use AGE fantasy from Green Ronin, and release the adventure or campaign world as a retail product)
Has he? That's a disappointment. I know he's a big fan of GURPS but I'm hoping he doesn't land on that.

Quatermane

First Post
Just a follow up... The D&D show is excellent!!!! :)
The players have great PC voices for their character, and the DM provides excellent NPC voices as well.
There are 8 players and the DM... so 9 people total.

They are using 5e rules.
The PCs are lvl 9. These players have been in a campaign for about 2 years. They converted the PCs to 5e for the show.

The show format is very good. The camera setup is about perfect for a group of this size.
It appears that the camera is in the middle of the table and the players are split on each side of the table with the DM sitting at the end of the table.
The presentation is split into 3 video feed panels. Two panels have the players presented, and the DM has his own panel.
Sound sometimes gets a little dicey, but they seem to fix it relatively quickly. Not unexpected for a new web show. I am sure technical kinks will be worked out over time.

There were about 3800 people watching tonight. At one point it peaked out at 4000 viewers. Hopefully more people will catch this show in the future. Spread the word!!
The video was recorded and will likely be posted on the G&S YouTube channel at some point if you missed it or your Twitch feed was difficult due to bandwidth.

If you want to watch an entertaining presentation of people playing D&D every week, this looks to be a very good choice. I can see only good things for this show.

BTW... the show times seem to be mountain time. I live in Wisconsin and the D&D show started at 8PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads