OotS #657 is up

RedBeardJim

First Post
If V has any Disintegrates of his own left (as his typical big attack spell), emptying one into Xykon when he turns around to attack O'Chul would also be irritating.

I don't think that's likely. The "skrrlch" sound in the second-to-last panel is, IMO, most likely V's windpipe getting crushed just as Xykon is describing.

I don't think that's likely. The "skrrlch" sound in the second-to-last panel is, IMO, most likely V's windpipe getting crushed just as Xykon is describing.

That's just damage from grappling or unarmed attacks, if his eyes aren't X's he's not dead yet (don't know if he's at 0 or negative HP though). There are no rules for being unable to talk/cast spells due to a crushed windpipe after all.

Too bad V couldn't dump a Disintegrate into the phylactery itself if it was unattended, it's got piles of abjurations against physical damage and probably all energy types, but it might not be proof against disintegration. Then again, given Xykon's "Mary Sue" status, it's probably proof against everything except being dropped into the Fires of Mount Doom pretty much (i.e. it's destruction method is probably obscure, or as was pointed out, get it in an Anti-Magic Shell and hit it repeatedly with a big Adamantine hammer, dunk it in acid, and then cast it into a forge).

Then again, if they are using the Great Wheel cosmology, like it looks like they do, casting it into the Silver Sea on the first level of the heavens would pretty royally mess Xykon up. It's a vast/endless sea of Holy Water, any time he tried to reform there he'd take damage from the holy water and be forced back into the phylactery. Tossing it into the Positive Energy Plane would also be Bad for a Lich.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Then again, if they are using the Great Wheel cosmology, like it looks like they do, casting it into the Silver Sea on the first level of the heavens would pretty royally mess Xykon up. It's a vast/endless sea of Holy Water, any time he tried to reform there he'd take damage from the holy water and be forced back into the phylactery. Tossing it into the Positive Energy Plane would also be Bad for a Lich.

Hahahaha, that's mean.

I've got this image of celestial hermit crabs scuttling along the bottom of the Silver Sea, decorating their shells in the cast-off phylacteries of millions of would-be liches, surrounded by a constant cloud of bone-dust and horrified undead screams as the liches die, reform, die, and reform constantly around them....

And then, of course, one of them scuttles through an unseen portal, and the lich suddenly reforms completely...

HAHA, YES!

Byronic

First Post
Well, if we look at this panel the guy can cast smite evil on his bare hands, so a crowbar should work as well. Together with bless weapon...

Remove ads