Low-level Druid magic items?

Taed

First Post
I'm a fairly new DM. The group I'm DMing just had a 1st-level Druid (whose form is a bear) join the almost-3rd-level party that is heavy on offense. We currently have a Fighter, Warden, two Rogues, and a token Wizard. So, I'd like to emphasize non-offense (defense, support, etc.) for the new PC.

I'm at a good point for a low-level (Level 4 or lower) magic item next week, which I'd like to be something that is obviously meant for the Druid. I like to select magic items so that they're perfect for a particular character -- that way, they're definitely useful, treasured, and hopefully memorable (and it also avoids any squabbling between the PCs).

However, I'm not familiar with the Druid (except for a quick read this morning) and don't have a good "feel" for the player's style, as we only had one encounter and they're a brand-new-to-D&D player, so they don't have a "style" per se yet.

I was looking at the +1 Oalian's Balance Totem (Level 2), which gives a daily related to healing, or +1 Summer Growth Totem (Level 3), which restrains on a critical hit and has a daily causing difficult terrain within 5 squares. I also saw the +1 Staff of Verdant Growth (Level 3), which covers the same ground as Summer Growth, but with slowing. There didn't seem to be anything interesting in any of the other slots.

Unfortunately, I don't recall the type of weapon the Druid used, but weapon or armor is always a possibility, though I'd want something "druidic".

Any other suggestions for low-level Druid-oriented magic items to emphasize non-offense?

(Thanks!)

On Puget Sound

First Post
2 defenders, 2 strikers, 2 controllers, - you have no healer, so the Oalian's totem seems like a good bet. There are some druid-specific hide armors that improve mobility - pouncing beast, predator, and hunting beast armor.

Remove ads