[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jackslate45

First Post
~ Out in the common area~
[section]

"Wait, a wolf that talks?" Aradra's look of confusion seems apparent. "I mean, I can speak to Shadow if I ask the Saints for help, but that is different from actually hearing him say things." He scratches his head and says "Would not be the weirdest thing I've seen or heard of though. The talking tree was up there. And the mermaid who walked in a water suit."

Shadow's head turns to the door as the 2 girls returned to the common room, clearly able to smell them now that he knows their scents. His tail goes into frenzy as Melisande gives him more attention. Aradra gives a small smirk at Shadow before saying "Also introducing Melisande, who I met today, and I think is trying to steal Shadow from me. And Charity, who I also have met today." He indicates the two newcombers, and looks at the newest arrivals and says "Introducing Larissa, who is from Rorn like me, and Heinrich, a wizard of some skill. Both of whom I've just met earlier."

[/section]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Cautiously approaching the bar, Trixie sits down. She is quite the sight with her colorful fashion sense, especially her bright purple wizard's hat. She waits for the bartender, an imposing half-orc named Grog. She orders a water. When no one is looking, she delicately wiggles her fingers at the glass. The the clear water turns a bright shade of pink. Much better!

Trixie turns back to the bartender. "Good evening big guy! What's your name? Mine is Trixie Stardust of course!"

"Wait, a wolf that talks?" Aradra's look of confusion seems apparent. "I mean, I can speak to Shadow if I ask the Saints for help, but that is different from actually hearing him say things." He scratches his head and says "Would not be the weirdest thing I've seen or heard of though. The talking tree was up there. And the mermaid who walked in a water suit."

Shadow's head turns to the door as the 2 girls returned to the common room, clearly able to smell them now that he knows their scents. His tail goes into frenzy as Melisande gives him more attention. Aradra gives a small smirk at Shadow before saying "Also introducing Melisande, who I met today, and I think is trying to steal Shadow from me. And Charity, who I also have met today." He indicates the two newcombers, and looks at the newest arrivals and says "Introducing Larissa, who is from Rorn like me, and Heinrich, a wizard of some skill. Both of whom I've just met earlier."

Heinrich sees the sorceress arrive and change her drink's color

"Vait a moment please" He says with a mischievous grin. He whispers a few syllables and wiggles his fingers from within his robes and Trixie's drink turns green. 'Hocus pokus"

[roll0]

"Now, as I say before, I don't know if you can call me 'of great power', just I know a trick or two" He contemplates about the beer drinking talking wolf the continues, "Das volf, has eyes that glowed red as hell flame *shudder* but was playful and pleasant. Always asking if you are done with your beer. Eyes like reptiles, socks of blood red, but chatty und scatterbrained. His pet summoner was the scary one though. painted as death angle und not wont to talk at all.

Boots vas name of black volf. Ja, Boots"

He waits to see if tricksie notices her drink having been tampered with.

HeinrichAvatar_zps3d3206d8.jpg

cast prestidigitation on Trixie's water

[sblock=Mini Stats]Heinrich
Initiative: +2 Perception: +12 (Greater Darkvision w/ spell) AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch) (better with spells)
HP: 46 Current: 46
BAB: +5 CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (15 ff)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +8 Will: +11 CONC: +21 Special: FIRE RESIST 10
Current Conditions in Effect:
cat's grace - 11 minutes rounds: [one]
Haste - 1 rnd/lv; multi person effect [party of 4 for 11 rounds]
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+5 DAM
* DC: 21 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY
OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL Spells Memorized
Code:
Save DC:          
General: 15 + SL                
Evocation: 17 + SL          
Elemental (Fire): 16 + SL            
Evoc + (Fire): 18 + SL

0 Level              Level 01               Level 02                
* Prestidig.     * feather fall          * See invisibility
* Disrupt Undead * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Scorching ray (ev,E)
* Dancing lights * Feather Fall          * Levitate
* acid splash    * ear pierce scream     * Resist Energy
                 * magic missile         * Warding Weapon
                 * Shield                * cat's grace
                 * Expeditious Retreat   * Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P cat's grace
                 P Shield                P Scorching ray (ev,E)

LEVEL 3                LEVEL 04                LEVEL 05
* Flame Arrow (E)      * summon monster 4 (E)  * lightning arc
* Haste                * stone skin            * Elemental body [E]
* Dispel Magic         * dimension door        * wall of force
* Dispel Magic         * Detonate              * Teleport
* lightning bolt       * Blk Tentacles                      
* Displacement         P summon monster 4 (E)
P Haste

LEVEL 6
* Tar Pool (E)
* Chains of fire
* form of the dragon 1                

[sblock=Book:]
Level 00  
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation
Level 01
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing scream * Endure Elements (E)  
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness
Level 02  
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E)
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life
Level 03  
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly  
Level 04  
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin
* summ monst IV [E]
Level 05  
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport
* Wall of Force
Level 06
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form of the dragon I  
[/sblock]

( - ) denotes a cast spell    
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)  
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school  
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Trixie Stardust, Manufacturer of Falsities and Mistruths]
Character Sheet

HP: 14/14
AC: 12 FF:10 T:12

Perception: +3 Initiative: +2
CMB: 1 CMD: 11
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Bluff: 20 Diplomacy: 6 Intimidate: 9
Spellcraft: 5 Use Magic Device: 8

Armed: Light Crossbow +3 d8
Bolts Remaining: 40/40
Unarmed: Morningstar -1 d8-2

Spells Cast Today:

[sblock=Boots, Viper Familiar]
Name: Boots
Species: Viper
Size: Tiny
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent
Speed: 20 ft.
Climb: 20 ft.
Swim: 20 ft.
Space: 2.5 ft.
Reach: 0 ft.

HD: 2
HP: 7
BAB: +4 [Master (1) + DEX (3)]
CMB: +1
CMD: 8 (can't be tripped)
Initiative: +3

AC: 16 [Dex (3) + Natural (1) + Size (2)]
Touch: 15 [Dex (3) + Size (2)]
Flat: 13 [Natural (1) + Size (2)]

Bite: +3 1d2-2
Poison: Fort DC 9, 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 CON, cure 1 save

Fortitude: +1 = [Familiar (2) + CON (-1)]
Reflex: +5 = [Familiar (2) + DEX (3)]
Will: +4 = [Sorceress (3) + WIS (1)]

Climb: +11
Perception: + 9
Stealth: +15
Swim: +11

Improved Evasion: when half damage reflex, 0 on success 1/2 fail[/sblock][/sblock]

Trixie giggles as she looks down at her now toad-colored refreshing beverage. She scans the room, but cannot discern the criminal mind her altered hers. About a minute later, every else's drink at the bar is now pink too. She takes a big gulp of her green beverage, and smiles.

Scott DeWar

To Heinrich's two guests he looks at his now pink drink and says, "Wait, I now haf real fun. Larrissa, remember I can turn into dragon,Ja?"

The wizard, a human in his early 20's, stands and grins as if invited to a great game. "Dracanuium Aurum transforomei" His tone clear and level. But that is ll that remains normal. His face elongates, eyes become reptilian and skin becomes fine scales of gold. His arms become limbs ending in razor sharp talons and his body thins to that of a supple serpentine form, a tail grows behind him coiling about to look quite dangerous unto itself.

He transforms into a gold dragon walking on its back legs.

He walks right up to trixie at the bar, waves to grock, "Guten tag Herr Grock" then turns to Trixie.

"Pardon, little frauline, you chnge mein drink to pink" It was not a question, though the dragon pauses to let her absorb what is standing next to her.

Larrissa recognizes the spell as something the wizard had done to not have to walk back to Venza after the duel with the general.

Attachments

• gold dragon.jpg
    gold dragon.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
[section]
Shadow immediately bears his teeth as the red haired man turned into another creature, and a growl of deadly intent issued from his mouth. He hunches down, staring at the gold dragon, ready to strike.

In a second, Aradra drops to his knees and places a hand over the wolf's nose, saying in a commanding tone "Shadow down. Now. DOWN.". The wolf stares up at his master, but the seriousness in Aradra's eyes makes the wolf's snarl dissipate, and instead glares up at the gold dragon.

Aradra in turn looks up at Heinrich and says "While changing drinks color is one thing, I would not recommend transforming. The last thing that transformed in front of Shadow had it's thorat ripped out. Something I am sure you do not want. Had I not been here, the wolf would have attacked."

[/section]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Trixie Stardust, Manufacturer of Falsities and Mistruths]
Character Sheet

HP: 14/14
AC: 12 FF:10 T:12

Perception: +3 Initiative: +2
CMB: 1 CMD: 11
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Bluff: 20 Diplomacy: 6 Intimidate: 9
Spellcraft: 5 Use Magic Device: 8

Armed: Light Crossbow +3 d8
Bolts Remaining: 40/40
Unarmed: Morningstar -1 d8-2

Spells Cast Today:

[sblock=Boots, Viper Familiar]
Name: Boots
Species: Viper
Size: Tiny
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent
Speed: 20 ft.
Climb: 20 ft.
Swim: 20 ft.
Space: 2.5 ft.
Reach: 0 ft.

HD: 2
HP: 7
BAB: +4 [Master (1) + DEX (3)]
CMB: +1
CMD: 8 (can't be tripped)
Initiative: +3

AC: 16 [Dex (3) + Natural (1) + Size (2)]
Touch: 15 [Dex (3) + Size (2)]
Flat: 13 [Natural (1) + Size (2)]

Bite: +3 1d2-2
Poison: Fort DC 9, 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 CON, cure 1 save

Fortitude: +1 = [Familiar (2) + CON (-1)]
Reflex: +5 = [Familiar (2) + DEX (3)]
Will: +4 = [Sorceress (3) + WIS (1)]

Climb: +11
Perception: + 9
Stealth: +15
Swim: +11

Improved Evasion: when half damage reflex, 0 on success 1/2 fail[/sblock][/sblock]

Trixie visibly recoils as she is approached by a veritable walking, talking, gold dragon. She flinches as the wolf jumps up, snapping at the shiny winged-lizard. After her fear momentarily subsides, she starts chuckling at the comedy of it all. Looking the dragon dead in the eye, she whispers back, "Remember what? It wasn't me." She smiles at the dragon.

[sblock=Bluff 29]Bluff Heinrich: 1D20+20 = [9]+20 = 29
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

[sblock=bluff]The lie is far-fetched - 10 he saw you do it once before and heard you verbally congratulate yourself

hers did not change from green, but every one else's turned pink
and . . . .
I can't find anything else. Being in the for of a dragon does not help his skills, specificly sense motive.

My prank is in danger of backfiring. blah[/sblock]
[roll0]

"Huh, I really thought it was you." He turns around and sees shadow, "I will turn back to human, eh?" and returns to his human form, dismissing the spell. No need to try an fool the wolf. Bad day for pranks it seems.

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

Devlin twiddles his thumbs with all the excitement going on throughout the room. He smiles a little to himself as all the drinks in the room turn various shades with all the fun going on. What really sets a smile to his face though is the dragon that suddenly appears in the midst of the room. He claps furiously as the crowd stares in awe (some with anger some in pure delight) at the act of magic before them.

"Bravo good sir, I say I would sure love to do a trick like that, but alas all I can do is turn myself into a ravaging beast like creature with my with my delicious beverage I keep on me right here," he says as he lifts a vial from his belt containing a liquid of unknown qualities,"but I'm sure we could have a great time with this show if I were to mix up a few other concoctions if you like. The research coming from the results would be most fascinating" Devlin pulls his pack up and begins pulling out various vials, plants, and other extracts to help him in his creation of amazing feats.

[sblock=Shall I turn into something dasterdly???] lol I wouldnt mind playing around with the results of mixing my DEX mutagen, with my feral mutagen ability, along with a little enlarge person, stonefist, and disguise self extracts to have a little fun. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: Cure Light Wound. 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

Remove ads