Start saving now

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
Ironic perhaps. I see it as a sign that they misjudged the sales trends of the current edition when planning the next one. They needed the novelty cash boost off the line and IP.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Does anyone else find it ironic that WotC is primarily focusing on reprinting older edition stuff while prepping for D&D Next rather more 4e stuff?
No, it's been known for years that sales of the current edition drop through the floor once the next edition is announced. They'd be losing money trying to sell more 4E stuff right now.

Chainsaw Mage

First Post
I'm super excited about it. I've owned every edition of D&D except for Holmes and OD&D, so this is a must-buy for me. I'm pretty much a dedicated B/X DM/player these days, and I look forward to mining OD&D for cool stuff, especially demons et. al.

Badvoc

Explorer
I'm looking forward to getting this as my first edition was the magenta box. Will read it but am very unlikely to actually play it.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I don't have a problem with the price considering the apparent quality of the contents but I'm simply not interested in OD&D, per se. If I'm going to run OD&D then I'm going to use Swords & Wizardry which is both close enough and also it has actually been professionally edited.

Remove ads