D&D 5E 5E Book Page Numbers

Werebat

Explorer
Some of us have aging eyes and are having a hard time seeing the page numbers on these new 5E books. I don't know how much WotC saved on ink with the light print but it sure is irritating trying to squint a see the pages. Does anyone have any idea on how to modify my books to make the pages easier to see?

I thought about using tiny circular stickers but my guess is that a couple hundred of them would fluff the book out too much.

The other alternative might be to write the page numbers down with a dark pen, but which pen to use?

Or is there some other solution I haven't thought of?

One of my players has to come to our sessions with bifocals and a headlamp, so I think these page numbers are going to drive him bonkers.

Charles Wright

First Post
As someone who works in publishing I do want to point out that they didn't save any money on ink by not using black ink (it's the cheapest).

It was an artistic choice and I suppose that the reason for it was to make the page number and description subtle and non-distracting because they used a color that blends in with the background.

I agree that it's hard to read and wouldn't have personally made that same design choice.

Charles Wright

First Post
For writing on slick, glossy pages you would probably need to get a pen that writes on photographs well without smearing. I did a little research and it seems that the best place to find these pens are in photo stores, photo departments in larger stores, and scrapbooking sections of craft stores.

aramis erak

Legend
Some of us have aging eyes and are having a hard time seeing the page numbers on these new 5E books. I don't know how much WotC saved on ink with the light print but it sure is irritating trying to squint a see the pages. Does anyone have any idea on how to modify my books to make the pages easier to see?

I thought about using tiny circular stickers but my guess is that a couple hundred of them would fluff the book out too much.

The other alternative might be to write the page numbers down with a dark pen, but which pen to use?

Or is there some other solution I haven't thought of?

One of my players has to come to our sessions with bifocals and a headlamp, so I think these page numbers are going to drive him bonkers.

If you have access to one, a sequential numbering stamp tool would work quite well.

If you don't, a felt-tipped pen, and a good bit of patience.

Remove ads