D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Thanks for the updated version.

I've noticed a couple of issues when I recreated a character using version 7.

1. For the hit points for first level it did not use max hit points, but instead used 1 HP on the "Start" page (reflected with a lower number of HPs elsewhere). Specifically, this was a monk and rather than showing 8 HPs it showed 1 HP (not counting the CON modifier).

2. On Character Sheet II, the color coding does not appear to be working in the "Attuned Magical Items" section.

Thanks for all of the hard work!

1. Fixed for Beta 8
2. Fixed for Beta 8

Thanks for the sheets. These are an excellent tool!

Three things I have noticed
1. When selecting "Gith" as a race, both "Githzerai" and "Githyanki" are receiving the benefit of "Decadent Mastery" which should only apply to "Githyanki".
2. "Githyanki" is no longer a selectable subrace under the "Gith" race, the subrace drop down shows "0" in its place.
3. "Gith" is not a selectable langauage

1. Fixed for Beta 8.
2. Fixed for Beta 8. This was a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. (I'm pretty sure I'm the excess cook...)
3. Added to beta 8. Used Gith as the script. If someone has a source that differs on Gith script, please send a link.

Beta 7. When 0 is entered into the XP column a 3 appears in Feats box under language giving you 3 more languages. It does this so far with halfling, half orc, or no race selected

Fixed for Beta 8.

noticed in Beta 6 forgot to mention still in Beta 7. In spell look up on spellcasting page Zephyr Strike pulls up Reference of PHB not Xanathars

Fixed for Beta 8. Also corrected Zone of Truth showing XGE ref instead of PHB.

MixedGoobers

Villager
REQUEST, perhaps it is I there but I just do not see it.
A sheet to search for and add custom magic items, with a selector for rarity and a description to go along with it. I see that when I write the name of a magic item in the backpack it turns blue, but I do not necessarily see a way to equip it there by gaining the benefits. Bracers of archery come to mind.

Thanks

REQUEST, perhaps it is I there but I just do not see it.
A sheet to search for and add custom magic items, with a selector for rarity and a description to go along with it. I see that when I write the name of a magic item in the backpack it turns blue, but I do not necessarily see a way to equip it there by gaining the benefits. Bracers of archery come to mind.

Thanks

Programming all the magic items would be a huge undertaking. Further, if your game is like mine, most of the magic items are homebrewed. My recommendation is to handle each item with custom functions on the start tab as you earn them. I am, as well as several others here, more than willing to offer suggestions and guidance for these cases as you ask about them.
The Bracers of archery (iirc, +2 to damage for long/shortbows) would be done by putting the formula below into the custom damage field for the appropriate attack (this example assumes attack 6, replace the 6 as needed)

Formula:

=Attack6dmgdice&Attack6damage+2

Explanation:

attack6dmgdice pulls in the default damage die of the selected attack
attack6damage pulls in the default damage modifier of the attack
+2 adds the bracers bonus damage.

edit: english is hard

MixedGoobers

Villager
Understood. I just figured most of it was already done since the item turns blue when type in the backpack. Maybe we can put this on the long term thing. Little by little there are other resources online but each one seems to have something missing. How well does OCR work for pdf versions of the books? Is copy and pasting an option?

Understood. I just figured most of it was already done since the item turns blue when type in the backpack. Maybe we can put this on the long term thing. Little by little there are other resources online but each one seems to have something missing. How well does OCR work for pdf versions of the books? Is copy and pasting an option?

I'm at from my pc so I can't look up the exact reference but on CSII, there is a column for overriding the rarity of the line item. Look in the white space to the right of the item selection drop down.

OCR?

Conandar

Explorer
v2.28 Beta7 RC
I used the Reset button on the Start page and Custom page before looking for errors.

On the spellcasting page the Fighter Arcane Archer has Druidcraft selected, and while it can be changed manually, it is not reset when the Reset option is used.
beta7 error 2.jpg

With 0 for experience, but no class selected yet, the cantip area is showing two empty slots.
When I import a character from Beta6 with two cantrips, the first shows in the line above cantrip 1 and is greyed out, and the second cantrip is in slot #1.
beta7 error 1.jpg

Everything else I have noticed so far has been reported already.

Conandar

Explorer
The Bracers of archery (iirc, +2 to damage for long/shortbows) would be done by putting the formula below into the custom damage field for the appropriate attack (this example assumes attack 6, replace the 6 as needed)

Formula:

=Attack6dmgdice&Attack6damage+2

Explanation:

attack6dmgdice pulls in the default damage die of the selected attack
attack6damage pulls in the default damage modifier of the attack
+2 adds the bracers bonus damage.

I did not know about those two variables, so I count this as a learning opportunity. I actually have a character with Bracers of Archery and a Short bow +1, and the character has a Dexterity of 20.

=Attack6dmg&Attack6damage, result: 1d6+6
=Attack6dmg&Attack6damage+2, result: 1d68

Apparently the variable by itself gives a +# result, but a forumula just gives a # result. To correct this I replaced the & with &"+"&, but I suspect that using this without the +2 would result in 1d6++6. I use Excel 2010 if that makes any difference.

Remove ads