D&D 5E Planescape 5e - everything we know & some speculation

Magic the Gathering now has crossover sets – e.g. they just did one for Middle Earth. There was a crossover set called Adventures in the Forgotten Realms that includes D&D creatures, characters, and places. The Chaos Dragon is from that set. So is the Astral Dragon (which was published for 5e in the Spelljammer book).
I understand that, but why does they matter? What is the purpose of pointing this out? Is there some de egg per meaning to the relationship?

Astral Dragon & Chaos Dragon were cards made specifically for D&D Commander Decks, with gorgeous art that they could reuse and should reuse in the Planescape book, both were beautiful pieces of art, and would save them time and money on art.
Ok, sure - they’ve done that before. So are you suggesting because there is card set for them already, they will use it in a D&D product? That makes sense.

Quickleaf

Legend
I understand that, but why does they matter? What is the purpose of pointing this out? Is there some de egg per meaning to the relationship?
Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur's Gate was released on June 10, 2022 - this is where the Astral Dragon appeared. THEN Spelljammer: Adventures in Spaces was released on August 16th, 2022 - where the Astral Dragon saw print in a 5e product.

I think the implication is that MAYBE the same sort of "preview"/"sneak peek" is happening with the Chaos Dragon in MtG and the upcoming Planescape 5e release.

Btw, this is all AFAICT because I stopped playing/following MtG a looooong time ago, so others may know better.

Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur's Gate was released on June 10, 2022 - this is where the Astral Dragon appeared. THEN Spelljammer: Adventures in Spaces was released on August 16th, 2022 - where the Astral Dragon saw print in a 5e product.

I think the implication is that MAYBE the same sort of "preview"/"sneak peek" is happening with the Chaos Dragon in MtG and the upcoming Planescape 5e release.

Btw, this is all AFAICT because I stopped playing/following MtG a looooong time ago, so others may know better.
But astral dragons predate the MtG card set correct? I thought they were a 2e thing

Other point to be recovered is Union, the plane-market city created by the arcane to be the trade rival of Sigil. It appeared in the handbook of epic levels.

Landscape_of_Union.jpg

Other idea is after spellplague a "second layer" of Sigil was created for quarentene. These zones are controlled by the factions, and the portals toward these are in the infinite staircase. This is now a mixture of neutral zone and "failed state".

Stairs-Optical-Illusion-1.jpg

Within the Infinite Staircase forestal zones have been discovered, and it can be used to hunt animals, gathering wild fruits or even for "urban" gardens.

QlQVU-SYUBvJcBKoR61eAQpYhlLV-ICWtNUu56bQR9k.jpg

Some "wild" zones show signs of elements, paraelements and quasielements. And investigators and sages are very interested.

Could Mephlings be a Genasi variant? curious Mephits, like Genies, are elementals. I could also see these beings, Veela – d20PFSRD , siring a Genasi bloodline if they were in 5e.
They should be, at least Monsters of the Multiverse does have their size as Medium or Small (which could imply part Mephit). Certainly when I had my homebrewed rules for all planetouched, I grouped Mephlings (along with Jann and Rukova) as just Genasi who picked certain options.

Remove ads