X-Men live action TV show!

Mercurius

Legend
So it sounds like this is actually going to happen, someday at least. Screenrant's Podcast has some interesting speculation starting around the 12 minute mark. Basically they are a bit leery of it, saying they don't want to see the same kind of B-grade version of X-Men that we see with MCU and Agents of Shield, or Batman and the show Gotham (which I haven't seen). It does seem unlikely that we'll see TV version of the main X-Men characters, at least the headliners.

They speculate the show could focus on X-Factor or New Mutants. I could also see the show focusing on the School for Gifted Youngsters - thus New Mutants. They'd still probably need a Professor X, though.

Any thoughts on this? What would you like from an X-Men live action TV show?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Dangers: low budget, too many characters, filler episodes.

Solution: 10 episodes.

Why: because it is the same money has 24 episodes, but spread over 10. Less air time, means they have to make the characters count, so less of them. No need for fillers! It worked well for Daredevil who had 13 episodes.

Will it happen? Hahaha, of course not. It will last three seasons and the last one will have a cliff hanger that will never be resolved.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The half-season format does have its advantages. Though, I think "give me the same money as I'd spend on 24 episodes, but I'll make 10 or 13" is a very hard sell. The backers would expect each episode to give twice the return to make up for it, and I don't think tightening up the show will do that.

I think the budget constraints for special effects will be telling.

I figure it will be New Mutants so as to encourage teenagers to watch. You get your teen angst and relationships.... soap operas. Hopefully not on a Smallville level.

Crothian

First Post
I figure it will be New Mutants so as to encourage teenagers to watch. You get your teen angst and relationships.... soap operas. Hopefully not on a Smallville level.

Despite the hate Smallville went an impressive 10 seasons. I'll be surprised if any super hero TV show lasts that long again.

Remove ads