D&D 5E After 2 years the 5E PHB remains one of the best selling books on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
No. I'd say that most people who watch that horrible program are people who play D&D anyway and who have been playing for a long time.

OK we know that's not true anymore. They said as much. Indeed, the viewership is way off the charts for that to be the case, and also it's hosted by a site that doesn't focus on D&D at all other than AI. When you look at the Reddit threads talking about the show, it's littered full of people who have never even played D&D (and many more who say they tried D&D for the first time because of the show). So, why do you think that?

Patrick McGill

First Post
No. I'd say that most people who watch that horrible program are people who play D&D anyway and who have been playing for a long time. I think the show has little to no impact 5th edition D&D as a whole. I would say 5th edition would be exactly where it is now had the show never existed.

If this were true I highly doubt they'd hold a streaming event in theaters for it.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
It might, but then again I've never known anyone who watches other people play RPG games on TV. Then again of all the long term gamers I know I'm the only one who actually posts on forums about it or discusses D&D outside of game night.

Wasn’t the streaming event to mostly empty theatres?

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
It might, but then again I've never known anyone who watches other people play RPG games on TV. Then again of all the long term gamers I know I'm the only one who actually posts on forums about it or discusses D&D outside of game night.

You're also not a millennial, who seem to engage in watching things on youtube to learn about them far more than us old folks.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle

Every theater I know of was packed.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
OK fair enough. So do you think it might have influence on, say, this months numbers for sales?

Probably. Viewership is, these days, fracking huge.
Hard to say which way the causation goes, but either way, I'd say it's an upward spiral now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads