D&D 5E Post a character, get a Pic.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Ok, I've decided I will draw character portraits or even monster illustrations for free. The mechanic is simple. You describe your character or your monster and I'll produce a lineart of it. From time to time I will colorize some stuff or even try other techniques that are more time consuming, but most of it will be lineart so more users can get free pictures.

Now some simple ground rules:

• 1 person, 1 picture.- Ok not so much, but I will draw requests from new people first, don't post more than a request on a row, and not more than five on a single month.
  • Free use only.- You can use the picture however you want as long as it isn't to earn money. You may liberally crop, resize and colorize it, however shading, painting, photo-editing or removing/altering the metadata is non-kosher.
  • Grandma rule.- I won't entertain any proposal for anything lewd or that outright violates the rules of this site.
  • Sensible clothing.- I will absolutely won't draw chainmail bikinis, excessive cleavage or anything similar. Unless it is from a female poster I will outright ignore these requests.
  • No C, no TM.- Don't ask for stuff that outright violates somebody else's IP.
  • Other topics.- It might not happen often or ever, but there are a few things that I will really, really won't touch. Remember I'm not American, and things that may not be a big deal to you are a big deal to me, be sensitive and this might not pop up ever.
Ok. Have a happy day.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Vita is a 13-year-old-looking girl who dresses in Spiked Armor and wields a Hand Axe and Shield. She has silver-blonde hair and blue eyes, should you wish to add colour.
She also has quite the berserk button if you want a more dynamic pose.

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
I recently started playing in a Planescape game and I couldn't find any pictures of earth genasi that I particularly liked.

Terrak the Resolute is a male, earth genasi, fighter. His elemental heritage manifests by turning his hair to crystals. He is taller than the average human and while quite strong, appears a bit overweight.
Terrak's face is comprised of hard, sharp angles. He is clean shaven, his only "hair" is the crystals on his head.
Terrak wears chain mail armour with a tattered tunic over top. He also wears a crystal arcane focus around his neck. He wears a leather boot on his right foot, but his left foot has been magically replaced by a silver prosthetic which is bare. His favourite weapon is the halberd.

I wasn't sure exactly how much detail to go into. If you need more please ask, and if something from my description isn't working feel free to ignore it. Since I just started playing this character my ideas of what I want out of him are changing all the time so nothing is set in stone (there's an earth joke in there somewhere).

I just wanted to finish by thanking you for sharing your time and your talent with us. I can't wait to see the results!

Awesome offer, thank you so much.

I've always wanted a picture of a character of mine. Here's how I've always pictured him;
Male, Human, Barbarian, early twenties
chain shirt, greatsword
wears an owlbear cloak

That's the core of him. Thanks!

Gwarok

Explorer
First off, VERY cool of you to do this. Now onto the good stuff.

My brother plays a 13th level male human warlock, Infernal Patron, pact blade. Wears Mithril half plate, shield, has a longsword, gauntlets of Ogre Power, and his most of his spells selections are geared toward sneaking, charming, disguise work, but he does throw the the occasional fireball and also uses Armor of Agythys a lot. Charming, sneaky and dangerous are the order of the day. He has trouble visualizing his character a lot and seems to bounce around on all the stuff not based on his character sheet, and a nice pic of him I think would really help him to commit to some RP aspects of the character.

If this merits a piece of art from you, many thanks! If not, still this is a cool idea and I look forward to seeing what you produce for others. Cheers.

EDIT TO ADD - His gear also includes a Luck Stone, and a +2 Rod of the Pact Keeper.

Cyber-Dave

Explorer
This is an awesome post. Thanks!

If you have the time, Cade Wolfchild is a halfling in his early 20s. Cade is a ranger, beastmaster, outlander who was literally raised by wolves. His appearance is a little wild. He has long black hair and sideburns, often kept in a ponytail or man-bun, and his sideburns hang down in braids. His eyes are yellow, like a wolf's. He uses a hand crossbow and a kukri; the weapons, however, are human scale, which gives the weapons an oversized quality. (The kukri is 18 inches long, which is roughly 1/2 his height, and the hand crossbow, despite being shaped like a hand crossbow, is more like a light crossbow in terms of its size ratio to Cade). Cade wears leather armor. Cade's most notable possessions, other than his weapons and armor, would be a necklace of orc and gnoll teeth and a belt-pouch made of orc skin. Cade has a timberwolf companion with some scars on its face. (In terms of size comparison, the wolf is 2'8" at its shoulder and 5'5" from snout to tail. Cade is 3'1" tall. So, the wolf is pretty much horse sized next to Cade.) Thanks in advance!

tglassy

Adventurer
OMG, this is amazing. I wish I could draw…

Aiden MacTier.

Aiden is a human who grew up with a barbarian clan in thenorth. The clan is more akin to oldIrish clans than the ones in Forgotten Realms usually are. He was a hunter, a warrior in the clan (Abarbarian). He’s young, barely in histwenties, and he’s solidly built but not overly bulky or muscular.

Here’s his story, briefly. He was the chieftain’s nephew, and fell in love with the Shaman’sdaughter, but she didn’t want to marry anyone less than her father, so hechallenged his cousin for the Chiefdom when his uncle died. During the fight, which he was losing, heinexplicably shot fire from his fingertips, scaring his cousin’s face. The clan reacted badly to this, thinking hehad made a deal with some devil. He learned shortly after that he was not bornof this clan, but was found in a caravan belonging to a Wizard of Thay at theage of five, and had repressed those memories, but apparently had kept some ofthe magical training he had at that young age. He is forced to leave, even as his love marries his cousin, who is thenew chief. He seeks out who he is,finding that his real family is a highly influential one in Thay. He is not accepted well, because of hisbarbaric ways, but he tries. He studiessome magic, which is fairly adept at.

But he wars within himself. He still has that inner pain and rage from having to leave his clan,while at the same time having a newfound desire to find out who he reallyis. Eventually, he will have to choosebetween the wizard he was born to be, or the Barbarian he was raised as. Or, something in between.

I’m going to give you complete creative control over how helooks and what pose to put him in, but here’s some information about him:
He wields a great sword, which belonged to his adoptivefather, and as a barbarian, I never saw him wearing any actual armor. In the end, he is a Barbarian/Wizard, atleast level 3 in Barbarian, going with the Path of the Totem, with a Wolf beinghis Totem animal, and at least level 2 Wizard, though he may go with more later.I can’t remember what school of magic to do. Probably Divination. I have yetto actually play him, and I haven’t decided which direction he will wind uptaking after that.

mellored

Legend
Here's a challenge for you.

Aarakocra warlock/assassin. He's dressed like a black plague doctor with a rapier, uses disguise self to look like a wraith, and then uses greater invisibility and booming blade to strike unsuspecting enemies down while hovering above them.
Invisible thunder death.

Ganymede81

First Post
Grimstone Firebeard - Cleric of Pelor

Physical Description
Roughly four feet tall, Grimstone Firebeard’s life as a miner as left him stocky and stout. His shoulders are broad and strong, adapted for lifting a heavy load. His belly, nurtured by many steins of dwarven ale, strains against his belt. A dark leather duster drapes over his scaled armor. His skin tone is a deep tan, like the color of baked clay. His eyes are the earthy red of raw garnet. Unlike most dwarves, Grimstone keeps his chin and scalp shaved clean. His only facial hair is a bushy red moustache, the last remnant of his namesake. A pendant made of uncut and unpolished diamond always hangs from his neck.

Grimstone’s most noteworthy feature is a series of burn scars that speckle his face and scalp. They run across his skin in dark slivers, like veins of ore streaked across a cliff face. The scars make it impossible for him to grow his hair out without unsightly bald spots. With only his moustache untouched by the scars, he keeps it well trimmed as a point of pride.

Personality
Many would describe Grimstone as peculiar, even eccentric, for a dwarf. He enjoys sunshine, open spaces, and even elven wine on occasion. He can devour sweets and pastries the same way that other dwarves might guzzle beer. He feels that greed is a destructive influence, and that a rigid code of honor can get in the way of doing what’s right. He’s even been known to ride a horse, relishing the opportunity to travel swiftly so that his message can spread that much quicker.

The irony that he, a dwarf of the Firebeard clan, was almost killed by fire is not lost on Grimstone. He sees flame as a source of purity and divinity. Without the fiery fate he endured, he would have never found his true calling as a cleric. He imagines the fire burned away his pride, shame, and greed, and left a sense of purpose in its wake. It is that sense of purpose that urges him to travel the world and to do good.

When it comes to expressing his new faith, Grimstone is often stymied. He has no holy books to point to or any commandments to follow. If pressed on his faith, he has a habit of explaining his simple tenets with longwinded anecdotes. As he is not a very bright or charismatic person, he tends to let his actions do the talking for him. One of his favorite ways to do so is to use his experience with mining and engineering to help communities in need.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
Thunka Shieldmaiden (female dwarf fighter) is a large female dwarf with long braided red hair, brown eyes and round cheeks. She has a beard, deep voice and wide shoulders, giving her a rather male look and she rarely correct those who think so of her. She wears chainmail and wields a warhammer and shield in combat.

Remove ads