[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

tglassy

Adventurer
Drake smiled and nodded. “Drake Flamewalker. I am a fire dancer. I’ve performed for your family on a few occasions. Understandable that you would not remember my face, seeing as I usually perform in the dark.”

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina’s brow furrows as the newcomer speaks. Those markings on his body looked suspiciously like dragon scales. Red dragon scales. But he was clearly human and not Dragonborn. This one bore watching. Since he had addressed and Everett and not her, she turned to Swithun. “I believe you were the one who suggested that we should take a prisoner and interrogate them. Shall we do so? We need to find out what evil these lizard folk are up to and put a stop to it.”

Thateous

Explorer
"Ah a performer at one of my father's soiree. How did you wind up captured?" He asks. He begins to move toward the cart and helps the people load the wagon."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Following Drake with his unsteady gait, Brother Pelegon nods at the group of adventurers. With his unwashed clothes, unshaved face and the smell of liquor, the aasimar must look like a drunken vagabond caught up in the trouble with the lizardfolk, but Perin and Surina may recognize him as the hermit who keeps to himself mostly.

"Brother Pelegon," he introduces himself to the gathering, then motions to the empty air next to him. "And this is my imaginary friend Bob. D'you happen to have any drinks? I'm parched. Must've been days since I last had any."

For a second, Pelegon fixes his gaze on Surina, his eyes almost completely white and far more sober than his manner seems to suggest... And then it vanishes as he looks away, scanning the others while appearing to stop himself from shaking.

"Was sleeping when them lizardfolk captured me. I don't even want to know what they did to my stuff -- well, the things they didn't steal, I mean."

Thateous

Explorer
"Refreshments are a luxury we're too far removed from out here. Perhaps the enemy has a frog somewhere, if you're needs outweigh your sensibility. "

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Pelegon remains silent for two seconds as he seems to gauge Everett's meaning. Then the hermit starts to laugh; a pleasant, infectious laughter.

"A frog! Ha! I like your thinking. But no, I'll pass on the amphibian delicacies, thank you kindly."

Still snickering, he looks to each of the companions in turn.

"You the rescue party? I'm in your debt. Let me help you with that; I insist!"

With that, Brother Pelegon starts helping by loading the cart; at first glance carelessly and almost dropping several things, but everything gets done without incident.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina noticed Brother Pelegon’s attention, and frowned in concentration—the frown continued when recognition dawned. Ah yes, this was the sot who gave a bad name to good wine. And he used the title “brother” but he seemed awfully irreverent for a religious man. But, he was helping, and they did need assistance.

OOC: Surina’s not averse to helping load the wagons, but I presume that she and Swithun are going to interrogate the lizard man? Still waiting on Swithun’s answer to her question

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Oh sorry. I thought the rest of us were "off camera" while new characters were introduced.

Swithun answered, "Of course. Let us be about it."

He tied a rope around his haunches and to the lizardman's arms, and another rope to a sturdy tree and to the lizardman's legs. Then he walked away from the tree until both ropes were taut and the lizardman was dangling, stretched a few feet off the ground.

"Wake him and ask your questions."

One of the villager, a bit too eagerly, dumps a bucket of slop on the Lizardman's face. The lizardman gags and quickly realizes he is suspended in mid-air. He barks and grunts in Draconic, "What is this?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases