• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Season 8 will switch to the Organized Play rules presented in XGTE

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
I don't have it in front of me - does it deal specifically with trading magic items between characters?

I suspect, given that the 'new' system would allow you to collect 'points' to 'buy' a magic item from a pre-defined list, that the need to trade magic items would effectively go away, so there would no longer be a need to support trading items.

Exceptions could be made for things like Fai Chen's, which seems popular, but it's likely Fai Chen's will change as well to better support the new rules, and that the bazaar would be less a magic item trading house and more a place to buy flavor items for your characters.

This, of course, presumes the AL changes the magic item system to that noted in Xanathar's Guide, but if you don't have Xanathar's Guide, just download the Pathfinder Society rules; they are surprisingly similar.

--
Pauper

I think AL should move to the "Claw Machine" model for magic items.

claw-1.gif

Remove ads